Contribute
Register

Help, cant get my GTX 980 working on El Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
CsrActiveConfig set to 0x3, partially disables SIP to allow loaded of unsigned kexts. Set to 0x67 fully disables SIP.

For a trial, you can boot with nv_disable=1 as a boot argument from the bootloader. Once you are able to get the GPU installed you will no longer need that boot argument as it only keeps the native nvidia drivers from loading, which when using the web driver, will be disabled.

So apparently i did a typo... it was originally "CsrActiveConfig". I swapped bootloader & CsrActiveConfig so the CsrActiveConfig appears first.

When I plug in the GTX980, even when I set the boot argument to "nv_disable=1", I get a prohibited image instead of the apple.

brb, going to boot in verbose mode and see what I get again.

sigh, I get the same thing...sorta..

" 0sxAptioFoxDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\Coreservices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake : no
Error allocating 0x1a76b pages at 0x0000000009ebd000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot Failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting ...."

going to install nvidia web drivers then doing the same thing....

still can't this stupid gfx card to work ._. :banghead:.

In the bios am I supposed to disable on board graphics after I installed the Nvidia web drivers?

tried disabling integrated graphics, the same thing happens.

i get the error allocating 0x#### type 2 BS.

how do i change the "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi "?

also, am I supposed to be able to access my drive? you know like in yosemite, I was able to go into my root drive. or on windows my "C:\"

thanks for bearing with me!

I will add, if you're disabling integrated graphics, make sure the system definition you're using in SMBIOS does not rely on integrated graphics. I used iMac14,1 on one and it turns out that has no discrete graphics, so I couldn't disable integrated graphics.

To try a different OsxAptioDrvFix just download Clover and install it to a junk USB drive and in the Customize options for the install you can pick both OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix2Drv under drivers64UEFI. Then copy them off the junk USB after the install and you can try them on the real one. These go in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Don't use both at once when you try to boot; always one or the other.

In Finder / Preferences you can go to Sidebar and check "Hard disks" (it often starts with [-] and you want a full check). Then you can click the system drive in the sidebar of Finder. It still won't show hidden/system files (which may include /System). You can hit Command-Shift-G to go to a directory it's not showing, or Google for the magic command to make it show everything if you like.

Even that won't show your EFI partition unless you mount it with e.g. EFI Mounter v2.

sigh, I get the same thing...sorta..

" 0sxAptioFoxDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\Coreservices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake : no
Error allocating 0x1a76b pages at 0x0000000009ebd000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot Failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting ...."

Put this unzipped attached file in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/

I had this same error when updating to El Capitan. This got me past it and I was able to finish running the update/install using nv_disable=1.

Attachments

• OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 98
Put this unzipped attached file in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/

I had this same error when updating to El Capitan. This got me past it and I was able to finish running the update/install using nv_disable=1.

Do I replace the attached file with some other file? or do I just put this in the drivers folder?

Thank you guys!!!

Do I replace the attached file with some other file? or do I just put this in the drivers folder?

Thank you guys!!!

Remove any other OsxAptioFix and replace it with the one suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back