CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I completed the guide on installing high Sierra on my laptop. But post installation, I can't seem to get the audio working. I've tried to follow the guide and still don't see any output devices available. I've correctly identified the correct codec for my laptop from a linux codec dump and its a Realtek ALC3241 and the only layout is 4. I've also correctly installed AppleALC and AppleHDA but to no avail. Anyone mind helping me figure out why? Many thanks. Also I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6

Edit: please if there are any screenshots or files I need to attach, please let me know and ill get them posted ASAP

Last edited:
Hey guys, I completed the guide on installing high Sierra on my laptop. But post installation, I can't seem to get the audio working. I've tried to follow the guide and still don't see any output devices available. I've correctly identified the correct codec for my laptop from a linux codec dump and its a Realtek ALC3241 and the only layout is 4. I've also correctly installed AppleALC and AppleHDA but to no avail. Anyone mind helping me figure out why? Many thanks. Also I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6

Edit: please if there are any screenshots or files I need to attach, please let me know and ill get them posted ASAP

Refer to the FAQ for AppleALC links/guides:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back