GTX 980
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just got my first Hackintosh up and running, installed everything in Multibeast and restarted, now I've got this.

I can't access the BIOS either anymore, the screen flashes (is actually zoomed in about 25% so I can't read the bottom options anymore) then goes to chamelon.

Reinstalled ML via unibeast and same issue.

Z77X-UP5TH, i7 3770K, GTX660 (not currently installed), photo.JPG

You can't access the BIOS? That would be highly unlikely unless you had killed the board but you clearly haven't as per the picture. So if you repeatedly tap DEL when you switch the machine on you don't get access to the BIOS?

I just got my first Hackintosh up and running, installed everything in Multibeast and restarted, now I've got this.

I can't access the BIOS either anymore, the screen flashes (is actually zoomed in about 25% so I can't read the bottom options anymore) then goes to chamelon.

Reinstalled ML via unibeast and same issue.

Z77X-UP5TH, i7 3770K, GTX660 (not currently installed),View attachment 45261

Our setups are almost identical, perhaps try a different port on you GPU or try the onboard GPU on the MOBO till you can troubleshoot it. Also you should be able to access the BIOS At startup just start mashing F12.

Try removing an PCI devices like raid controllers, sometimes they delay the Mobo prompt.

I was using the hackintosh yesterday. Anything not necessary to boot is removed.

Bios screen pops up (although doesn't fit screen correctly) (I press DEL or F12) sends it to black.

Don't press anything and it goes to black as well, can't boot from USB unibeast.

Can I just reset this thing from scratch and start over?

Reset the CMOS on the motherboard.

Try removing an PCI devices like raid controllers, sometimes they delay the Mobo prompt.

If you tried this with no luck and you are certain you can not access the BIOS then you should just flash the BIOS.. This Mobo only take minutes to setup and overclock that processor to 4.5 in 2 minutes just using the multiplier, that is if you have a liquid cooler like an Corsair H60 or better. Point is, flashing it is quite painless.

If you can not access it after you Flash the BIOS "and" all your PCI slot are empty then you likely have a bricked MOBO, CPU or bad/underpowered PSU. Also see if your Mobo is throwing any Errors #'s.

I really appreciate your help on this. This baby is frustrating.

I've reset the CMOS on the motherboard but it still gives me the quick BIOS title and then to black, no matter how much I button mash. So I can't flash the BIOS right now either. MOBO is fine. Reading no errors. I've totally hit a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back