Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've tried updating from 10.6.8 SL to Lion this evening only to find myself in a bit of a hassle. I have tried several commands, including:

- PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No with combinations of -x -s
- PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -x arch=i386

The verbose messages mostly contain:

Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused
rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: 0B2AEB83-7B75-3A88-A9AA-21D955DA8379
From path: "uuid", Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResources</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Then message "Still waiting for root device" continues...

Is there anything I can do to get past this?

Here is a couple of pics of when I just run under verbose command.

photo1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Any ideas? Is booting from USB causing a problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Try typing arch=i386, its a 32 bit mode boot. Your laptop might not support 64 Bit. If it doesnt work, just try -x, its the safe mode command.

I know my machine supports 64-bit because before I started this project, it was running 64-bit Windows 7. I have tried safe mode along with the commands for PCIRootUID and GraphicsEnabler, but haven't tried it by itself. I'll give it a shot and see what happens though.

Running in safe mode only gives me the same error at the end, but I didn't get all the "Can't load kext ..." errors. Before the "[IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService", looks like the VoodooPS2 is loaded, then "Previous Shutdown Cause: 3", then "ApplePS2Trackpad: ALPS GlidePoint v4.16", finally USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 0000000052CE29CD 0x154b 0x54 0x100.

Overall, it's still getting stuck with at the following lines:

Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused
rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: (some ID number)
From path: "uuid", Waiting on
<dict ID="0">
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string ID="1">IOResources</string>
<key>IOResourceMatch</key>
<string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string>
</dict>

I was able to unhide the hidden files in the USB with Unibeast on it, and I have found that the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" file is different than the one on my copy of SL 10.6.8.

USB:
Code:
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
  <key>Boot Banner</key>
  <string>No</string>
  <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>Kernel Flags</key>
  <string>npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1</string>
  <key>Legacy Logo</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>Instant Menu</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

SL:
Code:
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
  <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>Kernel</key>
  <string>mach_kernel</string>
  <key>Kernel Flags</key>
  <string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000</string>
  <key>Legacy Logo</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>Timeout</key>
  <string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I've also noticed that the AppleIntelHDGraphics and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kexts are in the USB S/L/E directory, in which I believe I had to remove when updating to 10.6.8 due to KPs that I was having. Are these supported now?

I don't know exactly what board is in my laptop, but I do know that it is the Intel HM55 Chipset with a Core i5-450M processor with integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 series.
Another question,
Should I be trying to install Lion with a clean install, or will it still work if I currently have only 1 drive with SL installed on it?

UPDATE:

Just looked around and saw there's an alternative way to install Lion. XMove.

I seem to get further on than what I was with the USB stick, however, I am now getting stuck at:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
Bug: launchctl.c:2406 (25182):30: (dbfd = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, O_RDONLY | O_EXLOCK | O_CREAT, S_ITUSR | S_IWUSR)) != 1
nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
DSMOS has arrived

and that's it..Maybe this would be an easier problem to solve?

Well guys, it looks like it doesn't matter anymore. Was gonna try the xmove + multibeast method which failed as I stated last post. Then was gonna try the rboot le to boot the installer. After burning the iso image and changing boot priority, rebooted and nothing happened. Just black screen, can't get back to bios or anything. ;( Idk what to do now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back