Contribute
Register

HELP! Black Boot Screen with Horizontal Hyphen at the Top Left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
Gigabyte WFIII GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all. I am in distress. Yesterday, literally, my computer was working perfectly-I could switch between my Mac OS SSD and my Windows OS SSD. I have done so MANY times over the past week without any problems. But, when I tried to today, it would just go to the black screen with the hyphen at the top-not boot into anything. Luckily, I have gotten Windows to work. The F12 Boot menu sees both SSD's, and I can see both SSD's from within Windows. The SSD being connected to SATA and power is not an issue. After I kept switching the order of the boot drives in BIOS for a couple of minutes, the UEFI: Samsung 840 Pro Series line in the BIOS boot section dissapeared...I can see the SSD but can't boot into it. When I try to boot into it a black screen shows up with the horizontal hyphen at the top. Any suggestions?

During the time between Mac working and Mac not working, the only thing I could think of that changed was me installing Java on Mac. I know this probably isn't the problem but I just want to notify you guys of what I changed, and therefore what might have cause this problem. No hardware problems.

PLEASE HELP!

UD5H
GTX 670
840 256gb Windows
840 128gb Mac

did you see if runescape is the problem?

-x -v -f if kp take pic once in use disk utility repair disk permissions

-x -v -f if kp take pic once in use disk utility repair disk permissions

mind expanding on that?

---So I should press X, if that doesnt work, V, if that doesnt work F?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back