Contribute
Register

[Help] ASUS VivoBook S S510U - Cannot wake from sleep and unsure if dGPU is disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS VivoBook S S510U - Clover
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920*1080
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Recently I installed Mac OS 10.13.6 (17G65) into my ASUS VivoBook S S510U, and followed guides to fix able graphics, brightness, keyboard backlight, function keys, etc, However I am not able to figure out how to make sleep and wake work correctly.

Currently when I try to put the machine into sleep, the screen will instantly turn off. If wake the machine immediately, the screen will go back and the contents are unchanged (i.e. did not go to lock screen). If wake the machine after around 10 seconds, the screen won't go back and remain off. Though the power button LED never turn off, seems like the machine is not even able to enter sleep state.

Used DSDT patches include IRQ fix, WAKv2 fix, etc.

Besides, I applied the DSDT patch to disable dGPU, but the Nvidia device seems still found in IORegistryExplorer. Did I disable it correctly?

Thank you so much

Attachments

• debug_16985.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Hello,

Recently I installed Mac OS 10.13.6 (17G65) into my ASUS VivoBook S S510U, and followed guides to fix able graphics, brightness, keyboard backlight, function keys, etc, However I am not able to figure out how to make sleep and wake work correctly.

Currently when I try to put the machine into sleep, the screen will instantly turn off. If wake the machine immediately, the screen will go back and the contents are unchanged (i.e. did not go to lock screen). If wake the machine after around 10 seconds, the screen won't go back and remain off. Though the power button LED never turn off, seems like the machine is not even able to enter sleep state.

Used DSDT patches include IRQ fix, WAKv2 fix, etc.

Besides, I applied the DSDT patch to disable dGPU, but the Nvidia device seems still found in IORegistryExplorer. Did I disable it correctly?

Thank you so much
usb setup guide:

usb setup guide:

Thank you for your advise. I had now followed the guide to setup USB ports. Tried to put machine into sleep and the symptoms are the same. Are there any thing else that I had missed? Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_12277.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
Thank you for your advise. I had now followed the guide to setup USB ports. Tried to put machine into sleep and the symptoms are the same. Are there any thing else that I had missed? Thank you.

Update: Found installing USBPorts.kext in /Clover/Kext does not make any effect. Now installed to /Library/Extensions to make port patch effective. However sleep and wake is still not working.

Attachments

• debug_13652.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
Update: Found installing USBPorts.kext in /Clover/Kext does not make any effect. Now installed to /Library/Extensions to make port patch effective. However sleep and wake is still not working.
you edited an apple system kext in /S/L/E ?
X86PlatformPlugin.kext

and what exactly have you patched in your DSDT?

also try also enabling these in config.plist:
Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>

you edited an apple system kext in /S/L/E ?
X86PlatformPlugin.kext

and what exactly have you patched in your DSDT?

also try also enabling these in config.plist:
Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>

Yes, I've edited the kext to setUnifiedSleepSliderPref=false for my Mac model.

List of patches applied to DSDT:
[bat] ASUS N55SL/Vivobook
[gfx0] Disable from _REG (DSDT)
[syn] Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error (Aggressive)
[sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
[sys] IRQ Fix
[sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 10)
[GPIO] GPIO Controller Enable [SKL+]
[als] Fake ALS
[fn] F1 Key
[fn] F2 Key
[fn] F3 Key
[fn] F4 Key
[fn] F5 Key
[fn] F6 Key
[fn] F7 Key