Contribute
Register

HelP! AppleALC only 2 of 4 internal speakers work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Good news :)) The bottom speakers are actually node 2 :)) I mapped node 0x17 (int 23) to node 2 and bottom speakers work with applealc :)) Now I have no idea how to make the top ones work (int 20 to 2):D

I discovered voodoohda automatically maps 0x17 to 0x02 that's why bottom speakers worked with voodoo.
voodoohda-s getdump tool was super useful!
'getdump > ~/Desktop/voodoo_dump.txt'

Update1: lol, when I boot up the bottom speakers work, when I connect headphones, headphones work but when I disconnect headphones the top speakers start working and the bottom ones stop xD
In theory, what I found is that you have to edit platforms.xml...

Open it with an xml editor, and at the bottom part of the platforms.xml file you’ll find the 23 (0x17) mapped to 2 (0x02), which are the bottom speakers...
And another complex node (?) mapped to 3 (0x03) I believe...

Select all this code (the 2 maps, that you’ll see that it’s a “whole section”), and duplicate it.
I’m not sure if you only have to edit the first duplicated complex node map, and delete the second mapping, or you have to keep the second one too (internal speakers which you’ll then have duplicated (in my case, when I tried this, connecting the headphones wouldmake the hackintosh reboot)).

Like this you’ll have 2 audio devices, and you have to create a midi aggregated audio device I believe...

I hope that this helps, it’s all the info I can share (and not sure its correct).

T
Hey! Good news :)) The bottom speakers are actually node 2 :)) I mapped node 0x17 (int 23) to node 2 and bottom speakers work with applealc :)) Now I have no idea how to make the top ones work (int 20 to 2):D

I discovered voodoohda automatically maps 0x17 to 0x02 that's why bottom speakers worked with voodoo.
voodoohda-s getdump tool was super useful!
'getdump > ~/Desktop/voodoo_dump.txt'

Update1: lol, when I boot up the bottom speakers work, when I connect headphones, headphones work but when I disconnect headphones the top speakers start working and the bottom ones stop xD
That’s a very strange behaviour!!!

Pathmap was wrong, I fixed it all the speakers work just fine now. :) Still had to make an aggregate device but I will experiment tomorrow to see if I can make them one device.

Pathmap was wrong, I fixed it all the speakers work just fine now. :) Still had to make an aggregate device but I will experiment tomorrow to see if I can make them one device.
Let me know the results! And could you please post the files you are currently using so that I can check what may be different?

Yes, of course. My linux codec dump was incomplete for some reason I think, with several nodes disabled (pin default ending with f0).
I based it on layout 21. I have the layout 21 reference codec dump and my own codec dump as well in this zip. As you can see the layouts are a bit different. My layout is layout 71. Bottom and Top speakers are still shown separate Devices. Jack sense is weird with the multi-output device workaround since when I connect the headphones the audio goes to both the headphones and speakers unless I explicitly choose headphones, so I hope there is a solution to this.

Of course, for aggregate and multi output devices there are no volume controls but SoundSource solves this very very neatly. Now if only I could get the other speaker to mute when I connect headphones. :D

Attachments

• alc 285 layout 71 2.zip
    58.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back