Graphics
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi. I had installed Lion before without any special codes. Now I'm trying to install Mountain Lion. But there's a problem. My computer reboots right after installation of kexts are completed ("read hfs+ file:............" lines). I've tried writing -v, -x, -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 busratio=12, and many other combination with that things. But somehow I can't get the installation screen, even not the "pci configuration begin" screen. GraphicsEnabler doesn't exist in boot.plist.
Can anyone recommend me anything?
My system:
Intel T9300 CPU
NVidia 8600M GT GPU
3GB RAM
Thanks!

I am having the same issues on my laptop. I actually had gotten the installer to work just fine, then reboot into usb stick to boot into new install. Set everything up and thought life was fine.

Come back to it today and now it just keeps doing the same thing yours does: Load all files, restart. Load all files, restart. Every flag known to man doesn't do crap.

Need to edit my profile for my laptop but it is a Gateway P7908u.

I am having the same issues on my laptop. I actually had gotten the installer to work just fine, then reboot into usb stick to boot into new install. Set everything up and thought life was fine.

Come back to it today and now it just keeps doing the same thing yours does: Load all files, restart. Load all files, restart. Every flag known to man doesn't do crap.

Need to edit my profile for my laptop but it is a Gateway P7908u.

I'm happy for you because I can't even get to installer :D

Well, I USED to be able to get into installer. I am going to try to install it from my PC and see if that helps. I wonder if OSX corrupted my BIOS or something. Its the only thing that makes logical sense. Why would OSX install like on a normal system, run. Then the very next day decide that it won't boot. W7 boots great. No issues.

Well, I USED to be able to get into installer. I am going to try to install it from my PC and see if that helps. I wonder if OSX corrupted my BIOS or something. Its the only thing that makes logical sense. Why would OSX install like on a normal system, run. Then the very next day decide that it won't boot. W7 boots great. No issues.

+1 :D Can you try to boot by entering graphicsenabler=no or after deleting (backup before deleting pls) nvdaresman.kext from S/L/E? If it works, add your graphic card's device ID to NVda50HAL, NVenabler and NVDAresman kexts' info.plist. I hope it works :D I don't think it can corrupt your BIOS :O
Try ubuntu maybe? :p

Is it a fresh installation or update installation?
have you a copy of your dsdt and dsdt files in usb installer?
try booting only with -f -v flag
What system config u have!

I'll try to make a fresh installation..
No, I don't use any dsdt because I don't have it.
I've tried only -f and only -v but not together :D I'll try it soon.
What do you need more? I've written gpu, cpu and ram. Ask me what you need and I'll answer.
Thanks.

what pc brandname and Model u have, i think your gnu is not supported.
Try the bootflag: -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No UserKernelCache=No

I tried that bootflag but it didnt work. What shall I do if my graphics card isn't supported? I've read that someone fixed that problem by deleting nvda50hal kext before installation to fix rebooting, then adding device id to nv...... kexts after installation to get graphicsenabler work. But I dont know how to do that.. Also my graphic card's device id didn't fit well in nvdahal50.kext's plist. Deleting nvdahal50.kext didn't work, too....
I am getting bored day by day, because I cant even get to the installer..
Thanks for answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back