Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K5
CPU
I7 7700K
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Yesterday I received my Saphyre Nitro+ RX 580, and the NVIDIA 1060 substitution went allmost perfectly.

I booted without any problem, the graphics card is full accellarated (it seems to me) but I can't get it working in 5k with my DELL UP2715K (Dual DisplayPort Multistream), because it recognizes two monitors, instead of one in 5k.

I tryied to follow several guides in TonyMac but none has worked for me.

Can you help me?

I'm attaching my EFI Folder.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-12-21 07.27.16.png
    Screenshot 2017-12-21 07.27.16.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 94
  • EFI.zip
    22.2 MB · Views: 55
Try this EFI folder with the changes I have made.

Boot into BIOS Load Defaults and then change BIOS settings to these recommended settings:
Code:
BIOS section:
Windows 8/10 Features>Enabled
CSM Support>Disabled ***Note*** This item is configurable only when Windows 8/10 Features Enabled
Storage Boot Option Control>UEFI ***Note*** This item is configurable only when Windows 8/10 Features Enabled
Other PCI devices>UEFI ***Note*** This item is configurable only when Windows 8/10 Features Enabled

Peripherals Section:
Initial Display Output>PCIe 1 Slot
USB Configuration>XHCI Hand-off>Enabled

Things kexts I removed:
Code:
All Nvidia related kext: Not needed anymore since you are using AMD.
Added the newest Whatevergreen, it has been improved.

Config Changes:
Code:
All SSDT CPU PM Generation: Not needed since Kabylake has native CPU PM support with PluginType=1 and PluginType=Yes.
SMBIOS: Changed it to iMac 18,3 since Kabylake is closer to this SMBIOS than MP 6,1.
Removed all Intel related patches: Not needed for this anymore since you shouldn't be using iGPU.
Removed USB Injection: Not needed for it with XHCI hand-off being enabled in BIOS and you have USB limit patch.
Removed redundant USB limit patching: Not need for it with XHCI hand-off being enabled in BIOS and you have USB limit patch.

Attachments

• GA-Z270X-Gaming K5.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 51
Try this EFI folder with the changes I have made.

Boot into BIOS Load Defaults and then change BIOS settings to these recommended settings:
Code:
BIOS section:
Windows 8/10 Features>Enabled
CSM Support>Disabled ***Note*** This item is configurable only when Windows 8/10 Features Enabled
Storage Boot Option Control>UEFI ***Note*** This item is configurable only when Windows 8/10 Features Enabled
Other PCI devices>UEFI ***Note*** This item is configurable only when Windows 8/10 Features Enabled

Peripherals Section:
Initial Display Output>PCIe 1 Slot
USB Configuration>XHCI Hand-off>Enabled

Things kexts I removed:
Code:
All Nvidia related kext: Not needed anymore since you are using AMD.
Added the newest Whatevergreen, it has been improved.

Config Changes:
Code:
All SSDT CPU PM Generation: Not needed since Kabylake has native CPU PM support with PluginType=1 and PluginType=Yes.
SMBIOS: Changed it to iMac 18,3 since Kabylake is closer to this SMBIOS than MP 6,1.
Removed all Intel related patches: Not needed for this anymore since you shouldn't be using iGPU.
Removed USB Injection: Not needed for it with XHCI hand-off being enabled in BIOS and you have USB limit patch.
Removed redundant USB limit patching: Not need for it with XHCI hand-off being enabled in BIOS and you have USB limit patch.

Thanks for your help.

I used your files but have the same problem. Everything is working fine but my monitor (DELL UP2715K) doesn't work in 5k. It is using the two DP ports for multi stream, as two different monitors. If I use just one DP, it works fine in 4k, which is not the native resolution.

I know that another user has this working in 10.13.0 but I'm asking myself if there is any difference in 10.13.2 that affects this monitor.

Thanks for your help.

I used your files but have the same problem. Everything is working fine but my monitor (DELL UP2715K) doesn't work in 5k. It is using the two DP ports for multi stream, as two different monitors. If I use just one DP, it works fine in 4k, which is not the native resolution.

I know that another user has this working in 10.13.0 but I'm asking myself if there is any difference in 10.13.2 that affects this monitor.
Nothing that I am aware of that is different from 10.13 to 10.13.2 for RX 580, have you tried using SwitchRes?

Nothing that I am aware of that is different from 10.13 to 10.13.2 for RX 580, have you tried using SwitchRes?

Yes I have. It lists two different monitors. Do you have this dell monitor? Is it working?

Thanks

Sorry I do not, I run 3x 120Hz 1080p monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back