Sorry, I am newbie and please help.

Info. of my hardware.
-Ultra Durable Motherboard Socket 11500 GA-B85-HD3
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4566#ov
-Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
-CPU Intel i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
-HDD Serial ATA 1TB (1024GB) [I want this hdd installing by MAC OS X]
-2x 4GB DDR3 RAMS (8GB DDR3 RAms)

I been try many time with those guides in different ways.
I have 15-inch MAcBook Pro (Mac OS X install DVD).
I been tried doing all iBoot version (Ivy-Bridge, 3.3.0, Haswell, Legacy) and all are the same result.
I go to my BIOS.
Save&Exit Tab>Load Optimized Defaults then.
Bios Features Tab> VT-D (Disabled), Boot Option #1 CD/DVD and #2 Sata 1TB HDD
All default AHCI (no IDLE available)

I boot to iBoot (different version) then switch to MAC OS X DVD in then hit F5. It changed to MAC OS X then I enter to run.

It show whole screen gray with white apple at middle of screen for less than a second then go back to restart (like turn computer on to run computer again).

I don't understand and been struggle for 1 week. Please help me to solve this.

Thank you for take your time to read this. Thanks again.
Regard Desz9

Hi everyone.

Sorry, I am newbie and please help.

Info. of my hardware.
-Ultra Durable Motherboard Socket 11500 GA-B85-HD3
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4566#ov
-Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
-CPU Intel i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
-HDD Serial ATA 1TB (1024GB) [I want this hdd installing by MAC OS X]
-2x 4GB DDR3 RAMS (8GB DDR3 RAms)

I been try many time with those guides in different ways.
I been tried doing all iBoot version (Ivy-Bridge, 3.3.0, Haswell, Legacy) and all are the same result.
I go to my BIOS.
Save&Exit Tab>Load Optimized Defaults then.
Bios Features Tab> VT-D (Disabled), Boot Option #1 CD/DVD and #2 Sata 1TB HDD
All default AHCI (no IDLE available)

I boot to iBoot (different version) then switch to MAC OS X DVD in then hit F5. It changed to MAC OS X then I enter to run.

It show whole screen gray with white apple at middle of screen for less than a second then go back to restart (like turn computer on to run computer again).

I don't understand and been struggle for 1 week. Please help me to solve this.

Thank you for take your time to read this. Thanks again.
Regard Desz9

Desz9

One problem is this ..
You need the retail version that one you have is a RESTORE CD and not complete meaning its ment for an apple Laptop like you have.

You should only use the Haswell Iboot CD

So get the retail version of Snow Leo...

Also or you can do this if your laptop can download Mavericks from the Apple App store then you can make an install USB stick to install Mavericks w/o doing Snow Leo.

So see if you can download Mavericks from the App store. If you can then use the MultiBeast program as specified in the Guide - GuideBEast - and go from their.

Thank you for reply totenkopf4.

I am confused? I thought Mavericks is for update which I thought have to install Full Mac OS X first? So if I download Mavericks update and it will work to install? As Full version of MAC OS X Mavericks?
Thanks.

Thank you for reply totenkopf4.

I am confused? I thought Mavericks is for update which I thought have to install Full Mac OS X first? So if I download Mavericks update and it will work to install? As Full version of MAC OS X Mavericks?
Thanks.

Desz9

The Download from the Apple App store is a complete install file for upgrading / installing OSX Mavericks onto your Apple MacBook. Of course the hardware has to support it. Which if it does not then it is not eligible for Mavericks.
The Apple App store will not let you download the install file onto this MacBook if it fails the Quality check for the hardware.
Part of the connection process is that the Apple App Store does a system check to see if your Hardware in the MacBook can support Mavericks, then it will download.

This download is unique to Apple Hardware and will run / install Mavericks onto Mac Hardware that supports it. The file itself is of no use to us in the Hackintosh community except that we need to have that file on a system running OSX ( like Snow Leopard) so we can use the UniBeast Program to extract and make a Boot USB drive that you can then use to Boot and Install OSX Mavericks from / to non Mac Hardware like what you have listed.

Dont know how to delete this. Sorry.

I got Mountain Lion boot up and its work but my keyboard don't have USB and not able to use keyboard at all except mouse. I guess I have to buy USB Keyboard.

Also, I make Mavericks and I seen the gray screen with white apple logo with under circle spinning (Like loading) for few seconds then it freeze. Any possible to solve it?

Thank you.

Dont know how to delete this. Sorry.

DesZ9 so you get this to work w Mountain Lion...

Then No Snow leo problem then,,,,

Hello again.

I installed Mavericks then restart to go back boot from USB UniBeast then start Mavericks then I seen the gray with apple logo under wheel spinning (Loading...) not freeze but it keep spinning. I waiting like half hour. It's same spinning. There is no way for me to enter commands such as -v -? ... I could not find forum who have this issue. They can use commands but not me. Just stuck with spinning wheel loading... Please help and thank you.

Desz9

Your question needs to be posted into the Mavericks Desktop Forum this is the Snow Leopard Desktop Forum.

Also Please fill in your system profile (Part numbers of your computer - motherboard cpu etc)
which is located in you user id settings which you should have seen when you created your user account.
What needs to be know is the model number of the motherboard not "64bit"

This way anytime it will post your question your listed hardware will be present for all to see so we have an idea as to what hardware you have.

Since your no longer on Snow Leopard I will now close this thread so no more comments can be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back