Contribute
Register

Hello, can you help me for validate this setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi tonymac users,

First thx to this community to make this site an helpful place for hackingtosh-newbies like me.
Also, I'm apologize for my English , I'm not a natif and my vocabulary will probably be badly chosen. But I'll try to be as clear as possible.

My Pc setup is aging and my MacBook too. I'll spend to many money if I want to replace both.
So I've read many post, threads, and guides here and I decide to make my first Hackingtosh.

I wanna create a setup with two OS (OS X for sure and Win) in case Hackingtosh crash.
My setup is for working and Soft-gaming (I'm not an hardcore gamer, but I play sometimes) :
  • Video editing
  • Using Adobe suite (Ps, Ae, Pr primary and the other) I really want some optimisation with cuda cores.
  • Maxon C4D (3D software) with C4D & VRay rendering engine
  • Soft-gaming as mentioned above.
My setup is based on @kgp setup, but isn't the same. This is why I need you to validate the setup. I haven't found any issues in this site with this following components but I can't check all the threads.
So the setup is :
  • ASUS ATX Motherboard X99-A II
  • Intel Core i7-6800K Processor
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz (PC4-19200) C14 (Edited)
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC
  • 2x Samsung EVO 850 - 250 Go SATA III (One for OS X and another for WIN)
  • Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum Certified
Do you think this configuration is good for my using? Do you see something wrong in (some component don't compatible)?
I've read the x99 platform isn't good for the first hackingtosh. What about?
I precise is for installing OS X Sierra.

Thx for your help.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm not an expert, but with an X99 motherboard, I thought it was better to choose 4x8 GB of RAM than 2x16 GB

Yeah, at frist I wanna buy 4x8GB of RAM like you say because my final wish is to have 64 GB and x99 motherboard have 8 RAM socket and it's perfect for 8GB Barret.

But 2x16GB is cheapest than 4x8GB.
I'm not an expert but this is a real problem for hackingtosh?
Thx

Hi tonymac users,

First thx to this community to make this site an helpful place for hackingtosh-newbies like me.
Also, I'm apologize for my English , I'm not a natif and my vocabulary will probably be badly chosen. But I'll try to be as clear as possible.

My Pc setup is aging and my MacBook too. I'll spend to many money if I want to replace both.
So I've read many post, threads, and guides here and I decide to make my first Hackingtosh.

I wanna create a setup with two OS (OS X for sure and Win) in case Hackingtosh crash.
My setup is for working and Soft-gaming (I'm not an hardcore gamer, but I play sometimes) :
  • Video editing
  • Using Adobe suite (Ps, Ae, Pr primary and the other) I really want some optimisation with cuda cores.
  • Maxon C4D (3D software) with C4D & VRay rendering engine
  • Soft-gaming as mentioned above.
My setup is based on @kgp setup, but isn't the same. This is why I need you to validate the setup. I haven't found any issues in this site with this following components but I can't check all the threads.
So the setup is :
  • ASUS ATX Motherboard X99-A II
  • Intel Core i7-6800K Processor
  • Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DIMM 288-Pin
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC
  • Samsung EVO 850 - 250 Go SATA III
  • Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum Certified
Do you think this configuration is good for my using? Do you see something wrong in (some component don't compatible)?
I've read the x99 platform isn't good for the first hackingtosh. What about?
I precise is for installing OS X Sierra.

Thx for your help.

The Ballistix Sport LT is not compatible with your mobo. You might face random reboots in conequence. Please see the the ASUS Memory Qualified Vendors List for compatible RAM memory.

The rest of your configuration shall be fine!

Cheers,

KGP

my future set up is very similar so i'm really interested by this topic ;)
first, thanks for the link
but are you sure ?
it seems that Ballistix is a Crucial production

for example for the 8GB:
in your list:

ballistix1.png

on Crucial site:
ballistix2.png

Damn @kgp thx for your advise I don't see this PDF, thx a lot.
Ok I'll switch with this RAM :
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz (PC4-19200) C14
  • With this serial number : CMK32GX4M4A2400C14 and is in your PDF.
For @hackunamatata, kgp say something right I think, the RAM I choose isn't valid the serial isn't in the PDF:
  • Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DIMM 288-Pin
  • Serial of the RAM : BLS2K16G4D240FSC
But the model you've linked is the "Ballistix Sport" not the "Ballistix Sport LT". Maybe this shot difference make the difference ;)
Stay tuned if this thread help you :)

it will probably be better ... let me know ! :p
do you think that one 256 GB SSD is suffiscient ? do you will use your PC only with mac OS or with Windows too ?

@hackunamatata you're right I've missed to precise. I'll buy 2 SSD 250GB one for OS X and another for Win.
I've edited the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back