Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone. I can't get my iBoot disc, that I created off here from an ISO, to run from startup on my windows based PC. Ive changed the BIOS to the suggested settings. Ive set the boot device priority to CDROM. The iBoot disc is in the drive, but doesn't run.
I have a Gigabyte S-Series Motherboard. GA-P35-DS3R/S3R
There is 4Gb or RAM
160Gb Harddrive
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU L2Cache
What is wrong?

Hi everyone. I can't get my iBoot disc, that I created off here from an ISO, to run from startup on my windows based PC. Ive changed the BIOS to the suggested settings. Ive set the boot device priority to CDROM. The iBoot disc is in the drive, but doesn't run.
I have a Gigabyte S-Series Motherboard. GA-P35-DS3R/S3R
There is 4Gb or RAM
160Gb Harddrive
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU L2Cache
What is wrong?

lushman
If you can not boot from the iBoot CD ( you are using CD media to burn these disks as using a DVD is problematic.)

Suggest you use a program from the internet know as Image Burn - download this and install it.

Once done - extract the ZIP file that you downloaded from our DOWNLOADs section and extract that to a folder ( the file is compressed)
in the folder you will see a file name w an extension of .ISO:

Use Image Burn to Burn this file to a CD. And try again at booting up. You should see the Red Tony Mac Icon on the center of the screen once booted up.

Also do read the RULES of the site as you need to fill out our Users Profile or you user ID signature block to place your System Build info into that way we all know what we are dealing with.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Thanks for your feedback. May I also add that I have downloaded iBoot and burnt the image on my existing imac. I used disk utility to burn the iso.
1) Is there a PC version of iBoot?
2) Should I still use the 3rd party program to burn the iso?

thanks again for your help.

Thanks for your feedback. May I also add that I have downloaded iBoot and burnt the image on my existing imac. I used disk utility to burn the iso.
1) Is there a PC version of iBoot?
2) Should I still use the 3rd party program to burn the iso?

thanks again for your help.

iBoot is independent of any specific OS. You can download it and use OS X disk utility to burn the ISO to a CD, you can boot Windows and use an app like Nero to burn the ISO to CD or you can do it with a Linux distro. Any app that is capable of burning the ISO properly to the CD with any OS will work.
When using OS X, I like the freeware program Burn - http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/21992/burn

Thank you for your input. I will try again when I get home tonight.
One thing still puzzles me. I burned the iso onto a CD, but when I looked on Google, someone had iboot burned to a DVD. If this makes a difference, I'll get some DVD-Rs on my way home and reburn to this media. If not, I'll reburn to CD using the 3rd party burner as suggested in this thread.
Any further tips including BIOS settings additional tweaks that have worked for you would be great fully received! Needless to say, I have set my BIOS config to the same as in this sites instructions.

Thank you for your input. I will try again when I get home tonight.
One thing still puzzles me. I burned the iso onto a CD, but when I looked on Google, someone had iboot burned to a DVD.

iBoot was intended to be burned to a CD. Burning it to a DVD might work, might not.

Mmmmmm, that's what I thought. Ok, I'll try again tonight.

Thanks again!

This is really, really, really, really, really, really annoying me now!!!!

I've re-burned a copy of iBoot using suggested program "Burn" "Free for Mac" onto a brand new CD.

I've got 2 Optical Drives - 1 is a DVD Writer with Lightscribe the other is a standard DVDROM drive. At first I had them both plugged in parallel, then thought "I know, remove one", so I did. Tried both drives separately and neither of them instigate their own start up from the CD of iBoot.
Black screen, white text telling me all the IRQ's, but thats it.....naff'all else!

My BIOS says Copyright 1984-2007 - not 2010 like the one on the instruction page. Do I give up now or do I spend another 2 hours getting stressed about it?

Are there specific BIOS settings for my motherboard? GA-P35-DS3R/S3R

This is really, really, really, really, really, really annoying me now!!!!

I've re-burned a copy of iBoot using suggested program "Burn" "Free for Mac" onto a brand new CD.

I've got 2 Optical Drives - 1 is a DVD Writer with Lightscribe the other is a standard DVDROM drive. At first I had them both plugged in parallel, then thought "I know, remove one", so I did. Tried both drives separately and neither of them instigate their own start up from the CD of iBoot.
Black screen, white text telling me all the IRQ's, but thats it.....naff'all else!

My BIOS says Copyright 1984-2007 - not 2010 like the one on the instruction page. Do I give up now or do I spend another 2 hours getting stressed about it?

Are there specific BIOS settings for my motherboard? GA-P35-DS3R/S3R

lushman

Does this computer have Windows on it - if so which version can you boot up from.

If you can get to the Windows Desktop - using browser - download the iBoot file to the download location - find file- right click on the file and see if you can expand it as the file is compressed ( Zipped ) - extract the file to a directory - in the Directory you should see a file w an ISO extension (name after period) - then using the Browser - search Google for Image Burn - download and install - launch ImgBirn - select the ISO file from the iBoot extracted directory and make that file into a CD - then test the CD by botting again - Do use only CD material. And of course your Media Drive is a CD/DVd burner. Not just a DVD burner ( google part number of the drive to search for it).

You neglected to tell us if when you booted from the CD you made the first time did you get any errors displayed upon the Video Screen when you were attempting to boot up. This could have been an oversight or you didn't get any .

Thanks for your input.

The PC has no Windows OS on it, I'm trying to install to a hard drive I formatted to Mac Journalled externally on my imac.
There are no error messages when booting up on my PC, the drive with the iBoot disc in just doesn't start booting and just hangs on the black n white screen with the list of loaded IRQs and the "Boot from CD/DVD" message on the bottom left.

Are you suggesting that I reinstall windows and do the process entirely on my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back