Contribute
Register

HEEELP!! back from vacation and It doesn't work anymore...and I have lots of stuff to save!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
i5
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I'm back from vacation and my Hackintosh doesn't boot anymore,
here's a pic of what I'm getting...what can I do? I have a lots of songs already recorded in Logic with my band and don't wanna loose them!!

Still have your UniBeast USB installer? Boot with it.
Have a bootable clone backup? You can boot with it.

Still have your UniBeast USB installer? Boot with it.
Have a bootable clone backup? You can boot with it.

With USB I can boot but only to make a new installation, and I can't choose the OSX hard drive as a bootable device...I only see USB and the Windows hard disk as bootable...

If I buy another Hard drive and make a fresh installation, will I be able to recover data from the other OSX hard drive? (I can see it in disk utility)

Boot with unibeast. Repair your HDD with apple disk utilities.

Good luck!

Boot with unibeast. Repair your HDD with apple disk utilities.

Good luck!

i tried this today but it didn't work...I also updated the BIOS to F11...still getting that message...It's like the hard drive isn't being recognised...

Hi everybody,
Today I received a new hard disk and made a fresh installation,
I had to set the HDD to GUID because the installation utility only let me install with a GUID drive, not Masterboot (or whatever it's called)...
then I booted from the Hard drive and everything worked, audio, ethernet and everything...than I ran Multibeast to make the drive bootable and after the intial spinning wheel with the apple logo the screen turned black...

Then made a fresh installation and everything worked again (but the boot)...I tried to connect the old hard drive that I have to backup to save all my work but OSX gives me an error message, It' cant't acces the drive...
I tried to repair it and it gives back a very long list of red messages...Is the drive gone or I can still have hopes to save the data in some way?

How can I make the new drive bootable through Multibeast?

Thanks everybody for the help!

I tried to repair it and it gives back a very long list of red messages...Is the drive gone or I can still have hopes to save the data in some way?
Sounds like the HDD is gone. Did you check the cables?

How can I make the new drive bootable through Multibeast?
How did you do the original install. You need to know your specs to know what to install with Multi Beast.

Yes, the cables are ok, but I don't really know what I'm doing...I just made the new installation with a USB stick I made...and it install directly mountain lion, I don't have a snow leopard DVD...

How did you make your USB stick?

I used the guide on here...but I don't really remember how did I do :) lol
But the installation works smooth and it directly installs 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back