Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 3567
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I am working on post-installation problems on my dell Inspiron 15 3567. I am trying to fix the headphone jack. Audio works fine and I have fixed it with the help of this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/

At step E.3.1) with the AppleALC implementation and injecting the right id
E.3.1.) AppleALC Audio Implementation

the built in speakers work fine but the headphone jack is giving me problems, when I plug in my headphones I can hear for about 0.1 seconds the song that is playing through my headphones but after that it stops playing.

In my BIOS under the section Audio Controller there is: ALC3246
Am I using the wrong method for my laptop? any advices?

Attachments

• debug.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
Hello, I am working on post-installation problems on my dell Inspiron 15 3567. I am trying to fix the headphone jack. Audio works fine and I have fixed it with the help of this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/

At step E.3.1) with the AppleALC implementation and injecting the right id

the built in speakers work fine but the headphone jack is giving me problems, when I plug in my headphones I can hear for about 0.1 seconds the song that is playing through my headphones but after that it stops playing.

In my BIOS under the section Audio Controller there is: ALC3246
Am I using the wrong method for my laptop? any advices?

ALC256 probably benefits from CodecCommander.kext and the specific ALC256 SSDT.
See my CodecCommander repo on github.

ALC256 probably benefits from CodecCommander.kext and the specific ALC256 SSDT.
See my CodecCommander repo on github.

Hi,

I'm also having a similar issue, with same machine and HS 10.13.4. One thing I found, is that the CodecCommander binaries repo's last file is from May 2017, but there have been many commits over the past year. Can you please publish updated binaries?
I've also made sure to use latest AppleALC, Lilu, and Clover. It seems the headphone/mic combo jack stopped working recently, with latest Clover update. The Sound Preferences panel actually detects when I plug / unplug the headphones, but no audio comes out of the jack. According to latest release notes of AppleALC, it contains the required verbs for ALC256, and CC shouldn't be needed to have audio after sleep (which is correct for speakers).
Will check ad post after re-applying CC and the SSDT patch.

Thank you

Thanks RM, combo jack audio restored and working OK with CC + ALC256 SSDT patch. Tested both after reboot and after resume from sleep.

hope this helps others as well :) Still, may you please check the CC repo, to host updated builds if at all possible ?

PS: thanks also for the WiFi card tip. It works seamlessly after swapping the AR9565 to a DW1560.

Thanks RM, combo jack audio restored and working OK with CC + ALC256 SSDT patch. Tested both after reboot and after resume from sleep.

hope this helps others as well :) Still, may you please check the CC repo, to host updated builds if at all possible ?

PS: thanks also for the WiFi card tip. It works seamlessly after swapping the AR9565 to a DW1560.
Hi, would you mind share with me your files (EFI folder, kexts...)? or the guide you followed for the audio patch? my jack is still not working. by CC you mean Clover Configurator?

:) Still, may you please check the CC repo, to host updated builds if at all possible ?

The current CodecCommander builds are on bitbucket, as linked by the README.

please i have hp envy x360 m6-aq103dx i am running mojave 10.14.6 . audio output shows internal speaker only and it works . but it dosnt shows headphone and the headphone is not showing in output. please i need the headphones to work

I am having a similar problem. my sound works through internal speaker, but headphones are not recognized and doesnt show in output as a device. I have attached my debug files.. please any help will be appreciated as i am not good with these things

thanks

Attachments

• debug_16832.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back