Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
GTX 570
Here's the build.

• I5 - 3470 processor
  • Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H mobo (updated to latest F9 BIOS)
  • EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 HD
  • 8gb Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz Ram
  • 128gb Crucial V4 SSD
  • 500gb Seagate Barracuda
  • 650w OCZ ZS PSU
  • Gigabyte GX-Z7 case

I'm trying to get HDMI coming out of the GTX 570 HD but have had no luck so far (have tried the 887 kext and also VoodooHD). I've had a look at the guide but was really confused - especially because the mobo is a UEFI board - is there still a DSDT file? Would I be better off with the 887 or the VoodooHD kexts installed? If somebody could at least tell me the first couple of steps to trouble shoot this then I'd be hugely grateful.

I'm trying to get HDMI coming out of the GTX 570 HD but have had no luck so far (have tried the 887 kext and also VoodooHD). I've had a look at the guide but was really confused - especially because the mobo is a UEFI board - is there still a DSDT file? Would I be better off with the 887 or the VoodooHD kexts installed?
All systems with an Intel processor have a dsdt regardless of the boot technique. To extract your dsdt, see [GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boards. Voodoo sometimes works. The links following require AppleHDA,kext.

Steps
1. Clean 10.8.2 install, no audio
2. Run
MultiBeast 5.1.3 or newer/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC887 Current and restart
3. Verify 887 on board audio. If no audio, see
ML: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting
4. Install HDMI audio, see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT

Hi there - thanks for the swift reply. I've now done 1, 2 and 3 and can confirm that onboard audio is working. I've had a look at the article you've referred me to but I'm really, really confused by it. I know I'm being a bit dim but which exact part of the article do I start at? If you could just refer me to the heading name then I'll go from there.

I've had a look at the article you've referred me to but I'm really, really confused by it. I know I'm being a bit dim but which exact part of the article do I start at? If you could just refer me to the heading name then I'll go from there.
Start at the top of the first page of the Read_me_first...pdf to avoid further confusion later on. The pdf is in Downloads/....hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit folder. The download links are in Post #1 of the link provided previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back