Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am super happy: after fidgeting with different options in MultiBeast I have a wonderful mostly-working build! (Thanks to Gordo for the guide).

I have audio working through the board, but I can't seem to get it through the HDMI port on the graphics card. Everything else seems to be awesome.

Mobo: GA H67A UD3H B3
Graphics: Gigabyte HD 5770 "Batmobile"

Any advice / links would be much appreciated!

I believe you need to install a custom DSDT and do a bit of tooling around.

Apparently its not hard, provided you follow the instructions.

Toleda posted the following when I asked about the same thing on my GTS450. I dont know if it will work with Sandy Bridge.

Cheers,

Chris

HDMI audio on your system requires:

1. Backup system.
2. DSDT edited for HDMI audio (GFX0 and HDAU)
3. AppleHDA.kext (from OSX 10.6.4). Patching more recent versions (10.6.5 and 10.6.6) will not work.
4. Patch AppleHDA (10.6.4), install, repair permissions.
5. Plug in HDMI device, reboot,
6. Select Built-in HDMI in System Preferences/Sound/Output
7. Enjoy.

This is not hard, however, each step must be done correctly. Good luck.

Comewhatevermay said:
I believe you need to install a custom DSDT and do a bit of tooling around.

Apparently its not hard, provided you follow the instructions.

Toleda posted the following when I asked about the same thing on my GTS450. I dont know if it will work with Sandy Bridge.

Only steps 1 and 2 apply to any graphics card. Once the HDMI audio DSDT edits are completed successfully, the framebuffer must be edited. The editing technique depends on which version of the ATI Kexts you have installed (10.6.7, mbp 10.6.7 or imac 10.6.7; I recommend the regular 10.6.7 for your graphics card). Please advise.

toleda said:
Only steps 1 and 2 apply to any graphics card. Once the HDMI audio DSDT edits are completed successfully, the framebuffer must be edited. The editing technique depends on which version of the ATI Kexts you have installed (10.6.7, mbp 10.6.7 or imac 10.6.7; I recommend the regular 10.6.7 for your graphics card). Please advise.

I am using the regular 10.6.7. How do I edit the DSDT and what should go in there? (I used the one from the database)

Is it possible that I just have too many of the audio things from MultiBeast installed? I had tried a few of them before one worked (off the board that is- before I had the graphics card arrive).

Thanks both of you for the help.

vinpez said:
I am using the regular 10.6.7. How do I edit the DSDT and what should go in there? (I used the one from the database)

Is it possible that I just have too many of the audio things from MultiBeast installed? I had tried a few of them before one worked (off the board that is- before I had the graphics card arrive).

Thanks both of you for the help.

Here is a good post describing the required DSDT edit for HDMI audio: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20611#p132422 . This DSDT from the database is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back