Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After installing 10.8.3 directly using PBI 6.1b5 I noticed a few system changes to my laptop I don't really like. These are minor gripes but I prefer the previous way things were, I'd like to return to the way it was. Here are the things I notice/would like to change back.

HDMI output, this used to be video only, (I took the audio from the headphone socket into an amplifier) but it was a "new" desktop, not a "copy" of the existing laptop display. Is this due to the HDMI audio fix kext?

Touchpad operation requires two fingers to scroll, I realise this is "mac" behavior, I prefer the usual single finger on the scroll strip method.

The function key behavior used to affect sound level (and other settings) directly (without having to also press the function key) that has now stopped and become "un-mac like".

So, what kexts are being loaded by PBI that effect the above, what should I be loading/removing to get the "feel" I prefer? Could these differences be added to PBI in order to allow user choice?

Pete

HDMI output, this used to be video only, (I took the audio from the headphone socket into an amplifier) but it was a "new" desktop, not a "copy" of the existing laptop display. Is this due to the HDMI audio fix kext?
Go to pref panel, Sound and select the output you want...

Touchpad operation requires two fingers to scroll, I realise this is "mac" behavior, I prefer the usual single finger on the scroll strip method.
I think RehabMan told you already how to change that.

The function key behavior used to affect sound level (and other settings) directly (without having to also press the function key) that has now stopped and become "un-mac like".
go to pref panel, keyboard and check or uncheck "Use all F1, F2....."

Kp, I tried to quote you but failed miserably.....

1 I want to change the video back, not the audio, and asked if it was related to the audio change.

2 He did, I'm still confused and don't want to break anything else.

3 I'll have a play.

Edit to 3 That changed it but the keys don't do what I expect them to, more playing required here?

Pete

Kp, I tried to quote you but failed miserably.....
1 I want to change the video back, not the audio, and asked if it was related to the audio change.
I am not sure I understand what is the problem, you want your display to be mirrored? If thats the case pref panel Display, Arrangement, Mirror displays... Otherwise try to explain your problem again.

I am not sure I understand what is the problem, you want your display to be mirrored? If thats the case pref panel Display, Arrangement, Mirror displays... Otherwise try to explain your problem again.

It is mirrored, I don't want it like that, I'll play with it.

See edit to previous post.

Pete

It is mirrored, I don't want it like that, I'll play with it.

See edit to previous post.

Pete
Then do as i said, just uncheck the Mirror display checkbox.

Edit to 3 That changed it but the keys don't do what I expect them to, more playing required here?
Be more specific please, what not right? The buttons are not mapped correctly?
Try to download the latest kext from RM google page and install that, i am not sure what version is in the installation package you are using.

Found the video options for mirroring, they only appear when the second display is attached, that threw me.

The keys have a different map, pressing F7 (mute sound) switches Caret browsing (?). Previously they worked as the icons depicted.

I'm going to see which kexts I had before for the keyboard and try loading those, I don't really want to be bu**ering about with key maps :D
I suppose never having used a "real" mac means I don't know how the keys and touchpad normally work, but the previous setup seemed more comfortable.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back