Contribute
Register

[HDMI SUCCESS LION] GA-Z68X-UD5-B3, RADEON 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Toleda!

Which section of the IO Reg should I take screenshots of?

Thanks for your guidance. :thumbup:

KEFKA said:
Hey Toleda!

Which section of the IO Reg should I take screenshots of?

Thanks for your guidance. :thumbup:

No screenshots.
Run IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy....

Reply with copy attached. Thanks.

Much easier :p

Here ya go.

Attachments

• K3FKA’s Mac Pro.zip
    566.2 KB · Views: 94
KEFKA said:
Much easier :p

Here ya go.
Thanks. This is fascinating. Another request: please attached a zip of your 889 enabler, applehda, any other audio helper kexts and dsdt. I'm interested in replicating your experience. Have you tried 64 bit?

Thanks. This is fascinating. Another request: please attached a zip of your 889 enabler, applehda, any other audio helper kexts and dsdt. I'm interested in replicating your experience. Have you tried 64 bit?

Hopefully this is what you're looking for.

As for the 64 bit, I must thank you for reminding me, and after switching I have no noticeable difference (HDMI audio still working fine).
I am still very new at this stuff, and always eager to learn. Could you enlighten me on why its fascinating?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• For Toleda.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 80
KEFKA said:

Hopefully this is what you're looking for.

As for the 64 bit, I must thank you for reminding me, and after switching I have no noticeable difference (HDMI audio still working fine).
I am still very new at this stuff, and always eager to learn. Could you enlighten me on why its fascinating?

Thanks again!

Thanks. I still need to see the actual audio enabler. It is in S/L/E and named something like 889HDAEnabler or ALC889Enabler or ALC889HDA or similar. Please attach at your convenience.

The fascinating part is that your hdmi audio works without HDAU; you have two HDEFs. The enablers don't always work in the intended way. I also need to confirm any bin patching in your AppleHDA and any dsdt edits.

I still need to see the actual audio enabler. It is in S/L/E and named something like 889HDAEnabler or ALC889Enabler or ALC889HDA or similar.

Here are the only two relevant files I could find in System / Library / Extensions.
The DSDT edits were done following you're guide :shh: lol

Thanks again for all the input, please keep me posted!

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • HDAEnabler889.kext.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 65
ehondik said:
Hi! I have GA-P55M-UD2 mobo rev 1.1 and http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1037&pid=981&psn=&lid=1&leg=0 Sapphire video card. I'm using dsdt from TonyMac for my mobo wihtout any edits. All is work fine on Lion 10.7.2. But no audio output through HDMI to my Samsung LCD TV. Video output is fine. Can U help me? :oops:
Make sure you have the latest dsdt from the database. The edit the dsdt with this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31947. Note attachment 1 is an edited Gigabyte H55 dsdt with the same edits you will need. Good luck.

Got HDMI sound working on my z68x-ud3h-b3 & XFX HD6870 (HD-687A-ZDFC)! Edited my DSDT using Toleda guide (2a), no kext edits (3a) were required.

Thanks both! (KEFKA& Toleda)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back