i7-7700
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Unfortunately my old monitor died. Before it did, I was running 10.6.5 with no issues with a PNY GTS 250 video card over DVI.

I bought two replacements for dual screen but, unfortunately, they only have HDMI inputs...no DVI. Connecting via HDMI doesn't work, just boots to a black screen (HDCP issue from what I've been reading)

Did a fresh reinstall and it will work at 10.6, but if I update at all...even just to 10.6.2, I get the same black screen issue. I'd stay at 10.6, but software I use needs 10.6.3.

I've been reading and I haven't found anyone who seems to have a solution to this issue (if there is on, I'd love to know.) So, barring a solution, I'd like know what video card options I have that have working HDMI ports. Not concerned with audio over HDMI, just video without HDCP issues.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

sid4life said:
Hello,

Unfortunately my old monitor died. Before it did, I was running 10.6.5 with no issues with a PNY GTS 250 video card over DVI.

I bought two replacements for dual screen but, unfortunately, they only have HDMI inputs...no DVI. Connecting via HDMI doesn't work, just boots to a black screen (HDCP issue from what I've been reading)

Did a fresh reinstall and it will work at 10.6, but if I update at all...even just to 10.6.2, I get the same black screen issue. I'd stay at 10.6, but software I use needs 10.6.3.

I've been reading and I haven't found anyone who seems to have a solution to this issue (if there is on, I'd love to know.) So, barring a solution, I'd like know what video card options I have that have working HDMI ports. Not concerned with audio over HDMI, just video without HDCP issues.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This may sound stupid :eek: but I am running my monitors on their HDMI inputs but with conversion cables connected to my DVI graphics cards. Just buy the converting cables! Sorry if it was stupid for me to say so. :oops:

Sid4life.

I just had an issue where I couldn't update past 10.6.2 if I was using my monitors HDMI port, I had to switch to VGA (my monitor doesn't have DVI) to get to 10.6.4 and 10.6.6. I'm guessing you are having the same issue.

I would test by trying to hook up to something with a VGA or DVI input. If that works then you know that you've been bit by the HDMI/HDCP issue. You may need to return your monitors or find a videocard that is known to work with HDMI monitors.

Good Luck!

jwh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back