Dell Inspiron 5491 2 in 1
CPU
i7 10510U
Graphics
UHD Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

So after almost a week long attempt to fix issues related to HDMI I have come to a conclusion to just ask for help rather than trying others' methods and techniques. I have read almost all the guides posted here that are related to Framebuffer patching, read 10s to 100s of user reported answers and tried them, changed SMBIOS multiple times, used different frame buffers that is available here, and even thought of implementing a custom Framebuffer(which I didn't as I couldn't find a platform ID suitable for my laptop with AppleIntelFramebufferAzul) just to fix issues related to HDMI connection with my monitor.

The laptop that I am using is a Dell Inspiron 5491 2 in 1 with intel i7 10510U processor and Unbranded Intel UHD Graphics(probably UHD 620) and the monitor that I have is a hp 22vx.

So the issue I have is that my monitor is being recognized(because I see logs whenever I disconnect/reconnect the HDMI cable) but there is not output on the screen. The logs read as
Code:
[IGFB][LOG  ][DISPLAY   ] [Hot_Plug] Setting DP power OK, assuming DP connection
even thought I don't have a Display Port in my laptop. So to counter that I did also set the conn-type to HDMI (00080000) with the Connector patch. However, this has little to no effect on the problem after a reboot.

The sm bioses that I have tried are MacBook Pro 16,1, MacBook Pro 16,2, MacBook Pro 16,3, MacBook Pro 16,4 out which none works. As for frame buffers, I have tried almost all that is flagged as mobile and has 3 connectors (one LVDS and two Display Ports)

Any help on my issue would be extremely appreciated!
I have attached all the files that is necessary to debug my issue and if anymore is required then I am ready to do that too.
Thank you in advance

Edit: I have also put my config.plist inside the debug file and recompressed it into a single file as I am not using clover Bootloader but rather OpenCore.

Attachments

• debug_5076.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

So after almost a week long attempt to fix issues related to HDMI I have come to a conclusion to just ask for help rather than trying others' methods and techniques. I have read almost all the guides posted here that are related to Framebuffer patching, read 10s to 100s of user reported answers and tried them, changed SMBIOS multiple times, used different frame buffers that is available here, and even thought of implementing a custom Framebuffer(which I didn't as I couldn't find a platform ID suitable for my laptop with AppleIntelFramebufferAzul) just to fix issues related to HDMI connection with my monitor.

The laptop that I am using is a Dell Inspiron 5491 2 in 1 with intel i7 10510U processor and Unbranded Intel UHD Graphics(probably UHD 620) and the monitor that I have is a hp 22vx.

So the issue I have is that my monitor is being recognized(because I see logs whenever I disconnect/reconnect the HDMI cable) but there is not output on the screen. The logs read as
Code:
[IGFB][LOG  ][DISPLAY   ] [Hot_Plug] Setting DP power OK, assuming DP connection
even thought I don't have a Display Port in my laptop. So to counter that I did also set the conn-type to HDMI (00080000) with the Connector patch. However, this has little to no effect on the problem after a reboot.

The sm bioses that I have tried are MacBook Pro 16,1, MacBook Pro 16,2, MacBook Pro 16,3, MacBook Pro 16,4 out which none works. As for frame buffers, I have tried almost all that is flagged as mobile and has 3 connectors (one LVDS and two Display Ports)

Any help on my issue would be extremely appreciated!
I have attached all the files that is necessary to debug my issue and if anymore is required then I am ready to do that too.
Thank you in advance

Edit: I have also put my config.plist inside the debug file and recompressed it into a single file as I am not using clover Bootloader but rather OpenCore.
i have moved your post to laptop support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back