Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1080
I am currently running Sierra via DisplayPort to my 4k display and I wish to add an HDMI connection to my tv so I can just watch movies over HDMI whenever I want.
I connected the HDMI and the image was transferred just fine, however I noticed I was unable to select the tv as the output sound device, how can I fix this?
Also, I guess this is rather a macOS question rather than hackintosh one but how can I go about configuring the display settings to show image only on the TV and not on the monitor and vice versa? In windows it's as simple as selecting "Show display on 1/2". I played a bit on display prefences but was unable to do this.

Thanks.

I am currently running Sierra via DisplayPort to my 4k display and I wish to add an HDMI connection to my tv so I can just watch movies over HDMI whenever I want.
I connected the HDMI and the image was transferred just fine, however I noticed I was unable to select the tv as the output sound device, how can I fix this?
Also, I guess this is rather a macOS question rather than hackintosh one but how can I go about configuring the display settings to show image only on the TV and not on the monitor and vice versa? In windows it's as simple as selecting "Show display on 1/2". I played a bit on display prefences but was unable to do this.

Thanks.

Let me first tell you that I have not tried what you have done. I don't have that latest Video Card you have in your system.

Did you try The TV Volume control or Volume control on the TV's Remote control to see if that could get you the HDMI audio for the Video from your Computer? I would give that a try.

Let me first tell you that I have not tried what you have done. I don't have that latest Video Card you have in your system.

Did you try The TV Volume control or Volume control on the TV's Remote control to see if that could get you the HDMI audio for the Video from your Computer? I would give that a try.

Ye I did that of course, but issue remains, might have something to do with GPU being sorta new, though I do have latest alternate drivers installed.

Also, thanks for helping out on the HDD thread, if you feel like keep answering what I posted there I'd appreciate that once again haha, thanks!

Ye I did that of course, but issue remains, might have something to do with GPU being sorta new, though I do have latest alternate drivers installed.

Also, thanks for helping out on the HDD thread, if you feel like keep answering what I posted there I'd appreciate that once again haha, thanks!

With pleasure.
Your answers were excellent and I could visualize myself watching what could have been displaying on your Computer Monitor to provide what I would have done in response. I am glad it worked out OK for you.

I noted someone else was trying to help in response to your further queries, so I bowed myself out. I will take a look at that thread when I get a chance and see if I can contribute anything for the discussion.

With pleasure.
Your answers were excellent and I could visualize myself watching what could have been displaying on your Computer Monitor to provide what I would have done in response. I am glad it worked out OK for you.

I noted someone else was trying to help in response to your further queries, so I bowed myself out. I will take a look at that thread when I get a chance and see if I can contribute anything for the discussion.

Awesome! Well I can also say your replies were nothing but pure gold as well, in depth, well formatted and straight to the point. I also tend to provide as much info as I can in order to reach an effective solution, thanks for pointing that out :), it truly means something to a beginner like me, so thanks.

No hurries, looking forward to your response =).

If anyone else knows how to solve this then by all means post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back