Graphics
radeon 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been trying to follow the guide posted by toledo but when I went to find my graphics card display address it showed up as
pci0@0> AppleACPIPCI> PEG0@1> IOPCI2PCIBridge> pci-bridge@0

which if my understanding is correct means the display address is (0x00000000) which doesn't make any sense. I am using a GA-Z68MA-UDH-B3 MoBo and a ati radeon 5770 graphics card.

any help would be appreciated

jtscuba said:
I have been trying to follow the guide posted by toledo but when I went to find my graphics card display address it showed up as
pci0@0> AppleACPIPCI> PEG0@1> IOPCI2PCIBridge> pci-bridge@0

which if my understanding is correct means the display address is (0x00000000) which doesn't make any sense. I am using a GA-Z68MA-UDH-B3 MoBo and a ati radeon 5770 graphics card.

any help would be appreciated
Your display is PEG0@1. The example in the guide describes the HDMI audio dsdt edits for PEG0.

Is there a different guide I should follow? Is HDMI audio even possible with my current set up or will I need to wait for support?

this is the guide I was following but I wasn't able to determine what the proper address for my graphics card is. I tried the dsdt edit assuming it was 0x00010000 but this had no effect. my dsdt has references to the 0x00010000 address but no others like 0x00030000 or 0x00020000. I attached a IOReg screen shot for my system but i'm not sure to what the address of my graphics card should be and where I need to change it in my dsdt.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 9.11.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 9.11.33 AM.png
    292.1 KB · Views: 350
jtscuba said:
this is the guide I was following but I wasn't able to determine what the proper address for my graphics card is. I tried the dsdt edit assuming it was 0x00010000 but this had no effect. my dsdt has references to the 0x00010000 address but no others like 0x00030000 or 0x00020000. I attached a IOReg screen shot for my system but i'm not sure to what the address of my graphics card should be and where I need to change it in my dsdt.
THe address is 0x00010000. The edits are correct. There are a couple of extra IOPCI2PCIBridges meaning your dsdt does not support HDMI audio in OS X. Attach your edited dsdt.

this is my dsdt i have named it to keep it separate from my backup dsdt but changed the name before installing the dsdt file. I hope this helps

Attachments

• hdmiaudiodsdt.dsl
    186.1 KB · Views: 174
jtscuba said:
this is my dsdt i have named it to keep it separate from my backup dsdt but changed the name before installing the dsdt file. I hope this helps
Your edits are correct. As mentioned earlier, your IOREG shows your system does not support OS X HDMI audio.

what do you mean by it doesn't support HDMI audio, are you saying that the components themselves do not support HDMI audio or that there incompatible with HDMI audio on Mac OS X?

jtscuba said:
what do you mean by it doesn't support HDMI audio, are you saying that the components themselves do not support HDMI audio or that there incompatible with HDMI audio on Mac OS X?
Your dsdt/motherboard does not support OS X HDMI audio because there are extra IOPCI2PCIBridges in your IOReg. The graphics card audio codec cannot interface with the OS X audio system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back