Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio without any special configuration.. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
Core2 2500K
Graphics
Sapphire HD Radeon 6800
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I havnt used my hackintosh in a while, and I decided I want to give Mavericks a whirl..

In the past I have followed Toleda's great guides for enabling HDMI Audio and everything has worked great.. (edited DSDT, incl audio and video card edits for my 6850 so I didnt have to use graphics enabler).

So while trying to get a stable install (usually do this before editing DSDT), I had graphics enabler on and I was just installing multibeast with 889 audio (my mobo) without DSDT install (applehda+hdaenabler).

Everyone worked great, normal audio.. All my vid card ports worked fine..

While just looking at some of the new Chameleon changes i noticed a new 'EnableHDMIAudio' key.. (which states it injects HDMI audio for AMD/Nvidia cards, but I can't find much documentation other than that).

I decided to turn on the key just to see what happened and... Low and behold.. HDMI audio works without any kind of DSDT or special modifications.. (seems to recognize both my 6850 and my onboard HD3000 though I have not tried the onboard)

Does anyone know why this occurs? I was under the impression this was not possible.

if it matters I was also using the macmini5,1 system def..

Hi Omnicronx,

I'm not surprised. When I first installed Mavericks, analog audio was working, but HDMI wasn't. When I began working on the HDMIi, I lost the analog audio. I struggled with all the multiple documentation for several weeks to enable two monitors and all of the configurations of audio in/outs to work on my mobo--BUT I really learned a lot in the process :) At one point, after being unsuccessful and losing track of what i had altered, I reinstalled Mavericks and noticed that the newer Multibeast included an HDAEnabler kext that included Toleda's patch. Next, I found forum posts where others had figured out that I needed to patch the Azul kext with different values to get it to work. I finally succeeded in getting two HDMI outputs to work (but not the promised third), however, I decided I didn't even need more than one anyway. So, I predict in another couple months all of this will be water under the bridge anyway, but there'll be a new problem to figure out. (Hey, maybe I should take a look at that new enabler!! maybe it'll really goof up my system and I can do some more hacking!!) Have fun with your new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back