ATI, nVidia ION2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I have osx lion installed and running, It's an Intel® Atom Dual-Core 525 CPU (45nm, 1.80GHz, 1MB L2, 13W), with NVIDIA ION2 Graphics Processor (GT218?). It has C-Media CM108AH Audio for the headphone and mic jacks on the front. This loads as a usb audio device. How would I go about getting sound through HDMI? Right now I just have stock AppleHDA.kext, but I don't think it is being loaded because it is not needed by the usb audio.

This is the last piece of my puzzle. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the system I have if it helps: http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/ITX-JBC600C99-52W.html

Thanks,
Duncan

How would I go about getting sound through HDMI? Right now I just have stock AppleHDA.kext, but I don't think it is being loaded because it is not needed by the usb audio.
HDMI audio works with the native ML AppleHDA.kext which means onboard audio will not work. I recall only one instance of anyone getting ION HDMI audio in OS X. Nevertheless, HDMI audio dsdt edits are required to do any testing. See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio.

I had it working with Voodoohda, but I was getting kernel panics 95% of the time on boot. I deleted that and went back to applehda. I did the dsdt edits today for hdmi audio. I'll keep digging into that link you provided. Thanks.

Here you go...

Attachments

• Duncan’s Mac Pro with dsdt edits.zip
    335 KB · Views: 64
mountain lion it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back