Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
AMD RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Ok, so here is my installation story =) I successfully installed ML 10.8.3 on my PC (mb is ga-z68-ud3h-b3, video card is Sapphire 6850). Everything is working flawlessly. Im now trying to get hdmi audio to work. I have scoured these boards before coming to this point to ask for help. One of the guides stated to first go to the /Extra folder and copy the dsdt.aml...I have the folder but no dsdt file! I installed DSDTSE and I am able to extract my dsdt. However, trying out various code, when I try to compile I get errors. Even just extracting my DSDT and with NO editing, when I try to compile I get errors...Not sure if its due to ML 10.8.3 or what. I really dont know where to start since I cant even get past this first hurdle. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT* added my ioreg and dsdt (dsdt i saved via DSDTSE to my desktop)

Attachments

• brians mac.zip
    2 MB · Views: 62
  • Archive.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 67
i tried MaciASL as well. I patched with audio_3 but again got compile errors....

Attachments

• maciasl dsdt unsuccessful compile.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 66
OK, so i guess i am confused. I used the DSDT for my motherboard from the DSDT database. I then applied the audio_3 patch and compiled successfully. I placed the dsdt.aml in the /Extra folder (there was no DSDT file there before). Still no success. I am not sure what is up...is my pc even loading the dsdt i am placing in the /Extra folder??

GOT IT WORKING!!! WOOHOO! lol. thank you for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back