Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio on Intel Sandy Bridge HD 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
slungu said:
But I must have missed something. Any idea what ?
It's not possible to see what you've done from the information you have provided. Attach dsdt, copy of IOReg and any Console sound assertions

Ok, I a tried to add all the information I have. HDMI for itself, so video, is working without problems, only the sound is not there.

Regards, Stefan

Attachments

• mac.zip
    458 KB · Views: 100
slungu said:
Ok, I a tried to add all the information I have. HDMI for itself, so video, is working without problems, only the sound is not there.

Regards, Stefan
The dsdt attached has no HD3000 HDMI edits. The IOReg shows HDMI audio edits, however, there is a mistake, which kills all audio. In IGD0, onboard-1 shows and it should be onboard-2. Attach the dsdt and a copy of IOReg from the same time.

I opened the dsdt.aml and saved it as dsl, so this should be the right thing now. I also saw that I did not have the IGD0-part and edited that one as well, but still with the same result : HDMI appears, but not in the sound source selection.
On second sight I seem to loose these two entries under /Extras/dsdt.aml. I have done it both ways, by copying from the location the tool stores it default after compilation and by installing it from the tool, but as I see it now I am still left without when I read it out ?!?
And thanks for the patience, I am somehow slow on these things

Regards, Stefan

Attachments

• mac.zip
    275.5 KB · Views: 111
slungu said:
I opened the dsdt.aml and saved it as dsl, so this should be the right thing now.
What AppleHDA.kext are you using? If it is not this AppleHDA.kext http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413, Install this per the instructions. Note: dsdt/HDEF/layout-id must be 0x85, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00.

Your edited dsdt is being loaded by Chimera and shows in IOReg. That dsdt is not the dsdt you have attached.

Thanks toleda,

I managed to put the kext and the edits on the system and now I have the sound output trough my TV. Great :clap:

Regardsm Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back