Contribute
Register

HDMI audio on ASUS P8Z77 WS with EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Signature 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to the manual, it seems that Slot No. 4 ..._3 would also support single at x16. Should I try that and give you another IOReg? Would that require editing of the txt files?
Interesting, the Intel spec says one x16 slot; try slot 4. It will require different edits. Reply with a new IOReg. No HDMI on the motherboard is not relevant.

I know, I was amazed to see that as well. You can have 2 cards run both at x16 apparently!

Screen Shot 2013-04-30 at 15.05.15.jpg

Just to confirm - I don't have to restore my entire system from a backup after failed patches in order to get a good IOReg, as long as I just boot with DSDT=NULL?

Interesting, the Intel spec says one x16 slot; try slot 4. It will require different edits. Reply with a new IOReg. No HDMI on the motherboard is not relevant.

I've now plugged the graphics card in Slot 4. I can confirm it runs at x16.
After boot with DSDT=NULL I've created fresh dsdt and IOReg. Please see attached.

Many thanks for your help, toleda

Attachments

• dsdt-ioreg2.zip
    407.7 KB · Views: 82
I've now plugged the graphics card in Slot 4. I can confirm it runs at x16.
After boot with DSDT=NULL I've created fresh dsdt and IOReg. Please see attached.
Your PCI Express Multiplexing Switch may make HDMI audio impossible. Try this experiment:
In your dsdt, find:
Device (PEGP)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
edit to:
Device (PEGP)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)
Compile, install and restart. Reply with IOReg.

Done. I changed the address in the already patched /Extra/dsdt.aml.
It did not work. I don't have any other suggestions with the current configuration. The only chance is to disable the multiplexer (BIOS?) and put the graphics card in slot 1.

Never mind, toleda. It was worth a try. All it means is I have to plug the optical cable into the receiver every time I want to watch a movie, no big deal. There is no Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio in OS X anyway!

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me. Contribution to tonymacx86 is on its way. :thumbup:

Doesn't work with card in first slot too, tried GTX470 and G210.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back