Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Toleda

Thank you very much for your detailed guides, I have been able to follow them and tried for many hours - yet I have trouble getting HDMI audio working on my dedicated graphics card.

Note: Internal graphics HD 4000 does NOT appear in system profiler due to GraphicsEnabler=No.
I can get it to appear by setting IGFX to initialise first, GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the device string in the boot.plist but I don't want to have a monitor hooked up to it, only to the dedicated graphics card. Also I wouldn't be able to see the BIOS and boot menu.

Motherboard: ASUS P8 Z77 WS with patched BIOS for power management / kernel panic - most recent version 3505
Graphics card: EVGA Geforce GTX 680 Signature 2. Computer monitor attached to DVI, Onkyo receiver attached to HDMI

Attached are DSDT as extracted with DSDT editor (no errors) and MaciASL (errors), IOReg, etc... all unpatched (from clean system backup after failed attempts).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Attachments

• ASUS P8 Z77 WS.zip
    670.8 KB · Views: 152
Attached are DSDT as extracted with DSDT editor (no errors) and MaciASL (errors), IOReg, etc... all unpatched (from clean system backup after failed attempts).
I don't see any errors in dsdt/MaciASL (errors). I see warnings and remarks, most fixed with MaciASL/Patch/...hdmi_hd4000/AMI-EFI/Clean Compile. For HDMI audio dsdt editing, use MaciASL/Patch/...hdmi_hd4000/AMI-AMD-Nvidia-7_Series-A1. Remove the device string. If you want HD4000 video at a later time, the dsdt edits enable HD4000 with GE=No

I don't see any errors in dsdt/MaciASL (errors). I see warnings and remarks, most fixed with MaciASL/Patch/...hdmi_hd4000/AMI-EFI/Clean Compile. For HDMI audio dsdt editing, use MaciASL/Patch/...hdmi_hd4000/AMI-AMD-Nvidia-7_Series-A1. Remove the device string. If you want HD4000 video at a later time, the dsdt edits enable HD4000 with GE=No

Thanks for your reply, Toleda. So you're saying all I need to do is patch the DSDT with ib1-ami_efi_clean_compile.txt followed by
ib2-hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000-1.txt as found on your website at https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd4000/...?
No editing of these txt required? Copy into extra folder and that's it?
What do you mean by "remove the device string" - the one from the boot.plist?

Thanks for your reply, Toleda. So you're saying all I need to do is patch the DSDT with ib1-ami_efi_clean_compile.txt followed by
ib2-hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000-1.txt as found on your website at https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd4000/...?
No editing of these txt required? Copy into extra folder and that's it?
What do you mean by "remove the device string" - the one from the boot.plist?
Correct. Compile and save the binary to Extra/dsdt.aml.
Post #1, "I can get it to appear by setting IGFX to initialise first, GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the device string in the boot.plist"
Remove the device string and set GE=No in ...Boot.plist.

Ok so I've done exactly that:
1. MaciASL>Patch...ib1-ami_efi_clean_compile.txt>Apply>Close
2. Patch...ib2-hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000-1.txt>Apply>Close
3. Save As...Extra/dsdt.aml (attached)
4. Reboot

What I get in system profiler is this:
Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 21.03.33.png

Quite a lot of audio devices! But as actual Output devices I can only choose the usual:

Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 21.03.43.png

Am I missing something?

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 96
Apologies - forgot to click Compile again after the 2nd patch. But I do get these errors:
You did the HDMI audio edits twice; not good. You will find that your unedited file has the HDMI audio edits. If you want to undo the edits, use MaciASL/File/Revert. If you close and reopen, the dsdt is not the original.

Verify no S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext exists, fix the dsdt and reply with a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Ok I've just restored my system from backup, deleted HDAEnabler1.kext, created clean copies of dsdt.aml and ioreg.

Patched again properly this time, I didn't get any errors, but also still no HDMI.

Attached are dsdt and ioreg. If the dsdt_before_patch.aml in the attachment is already ruined for some reason then I don't know how to get a clean dsdt.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• dsdt-ioreg.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
Patched again properly this time, I didn't get any errors, but also still no HDMI.
Both dsdts are the same. To extract a fresh dsdt, use boot flag: DSDT=NULL. Open MaciASL and it will extract the dsdt.

There is serious problem; it is in the before patch IOReg. The graphics card is not on PEG0. I don't know if it in the wrong slot or if there is something wrong with the motherboard. HDMI audio won't work with the current situation and it appears you are not getting full graphics performance.

Thanks for clarifying how to get a fresh DSDT with the =NULL boot flag - I didn't know that. After that I actually didn't have any audio devices, so yes I suppose it's 'clean'.

And you are correct - I realised that the graphics card is installed in Slot No. 2 PCIe..._2, not _1.
According to the manual, the _2 runs only at x8 - see pictures below.
I didn't actually build that PC myself, so the guy who did it put in in that 2nd slot because of that huge CPU cooler.

photo.jpgScreen Shot 2013-04-30 at 10.25.10.png

So according to the manual, it seems that Slot No. 4 ..._3 would also support single at x16. Should I try that and give you another IOReg? Would that require editing of the txt files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back