Contribute
Register

hdmi audio on 6850 in lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
conradportelli said:
no wut i did was download a random alc 889 patched applehda.kext file version 2.0.5(ive included it ) and binary patched it to match my hdmi device id after i got that attached in IO REG restarted then i installed the alc8xx patch AND NOT THE ROLL BACK from multibeast( thx tony ) and all was good after that..im also including my dsdt just incase anyone needs it ..its modified to use lotus framebuffer on radeon hd 6850 (sapphire)
Thanks for your kind sharing with us.
I just want to make sure whether you are using GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No in com.apple.Boot.plist ?
It seems you are using GraphicsEnabler=No instead of Yes.

hi conradportelli

I am using the same 6850 card, lion is installed and onboard 892 sound card is also working, when using the hdmi with my Sony tv, I can see the boot loader and apple mark screen, then a dark screen, could you give me some instruction, thanks.

tokyohot said:
hi conradportelli

I am using the same 6850 card, lion is installed and onboard 892 sound card is also working, when using the hdmi with my Sony tv, I can see the boot loader and apple mark screen, then a dark screen, could you give me some instruction, thanks.

Do you have GraphicsEnabler=Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist?

conradportelli said:
no wut i did was download a random alc 889 patched applehda.kext file version 2.0.5(ive included it ) and binary patched it to match my hdmi device id after i got that attached in IO REG restarted then i installed the alc8xx patch AND NOT THE ROLL BACK from multibeast( thx tony ) and all was good after that..im also including my dsdt just incase anyone needs it ..its modified to use lotus framebuffer on radeon hd 6850 (sapphire)

Thanks for the kext patched for ALC889.

Worked for my dual monitor (DVI & HDMI) rig with Zotac GT430. I'm on 10.7.2 (11C40) and had rolled back previously for getting onboard audio working.

Using arch=x86_64 & GraphicsEnabler=Yes. No other kext editing, only DSDT edits thanks to toleda :)

Kris

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-22 at 1.37.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-22 at 1.37.14 AM.png
    52 KB · Views: 455
toleda said:
conradportelli said:
hey there everyone i finally found the right frame buffer to use with my sapphire radeon HD 6850 in lion and got my hdmi out working the only thing left is to get audio pass through on the hdmi i use a gigabyte p67x-ud3-b3 with F4 bios is it possible the motherboard doesnt support it ? :crazy: <---thats me trying to figure it out any help would be appriciated

Next step, HDMI Audio DSDT Edits, see http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22030

Hi, toleda

Finally got my 6850 working, thanks for the guide, I spend the whole night to figure out how to solve the problem.

I still have some questions.
My motherboard is GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 BIOS F3
From IOReg,

I saw PEG0 and PEG1 under PCI0, four display was under PEG1@1,1
I tried 00010000 as device address, not working, then I guess it is 00010001 and I edited PEG0, now I got the sound from HDMI, is it correct?

Now, I have GFX0@0 but I can't find HDAU, I saw HDEF@0,1

My PC
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 BIOS F3
I7-2600K
6850 -> lotus solved framebuffer problem

Lion 10.7.1

tokyohot said:
toleda said:
conradportelli said:
hey there everyone i finally found the right frame buffer to use with my sapphire radeon HD 6850 in lion and got my hdmi out working the only thing left is to get audio pass through on the hdmi i use a gigabyte p67x-ud3-b3 with F4 bios is it possible the motherboard doesnt support it ? :crazy: <---thats me trying to figure it out any help would be appriciated

Next step, HDMI Audio DSDT Edits, see http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22030

Hi, toleda

Finally got my 6850 working, thanks for the guide, I spend the whole night to figure out how to solve the problem.

I still have some questions.
My motherboard is GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 BIOS F3
From IOReg,

I saw PEG0 and PEG1 under PCI0, four display was under PEG1@1,1
I tried 00010000 as device address, not working, then I guess it is 00010001 and I edited PEG0, now I got the sound from HDMI, is it correct?

Now, I have GFX0@0 but I can't find HDAU, I saw HDEF@0,1

My PC
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 BIOS F3
I7-2600K
6850 -> lotus solved framebuffer problem

Lion 10.7.1

Should be PEG0/GFX0/HDAU. With 2 HDEFs, it usually one or the other. Please attach/PM your dsdt and ioreg.

Should be PEG0/GFX0/HDAU. With 2 HDEFs, it usually one or the other. Please attach/PM your dsdt and ioreg.

Coundn't find HDAU, I think there are problems.
Please help.

Attachments

• ioreg.txt
    70.5 KB · Views: 167
  • dsdt.aml
    17.7 KB · Views: 95
I found I was using 8x pcie, now I changed to 16x slot and updated dsdt again.
I think everything is fine now. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Mac Pro.zip
    605.6 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back