Contribute
Register

HDMI audio issue with iGPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

A question:
Should i write my installation description as a new post here to help other guys to get iGPU HDMI output and HDMI embedded audio output working with Monterey 12.1 and Big Sur?
Good to know it's working!

It would indeed be a good idea to describe the problem and solution in a new thread.

@CaseySJ

Bad news: HDMI embedded audio output workls, but the Z490 i5-10500 Hackintosh with Monterey 12.1 is now very unstable (lock ups and reboots). First i thought it may be my on going testing ...

It must be the FakePCIID.kext. Google on FakePCIID.kext and Monterey you will see some results that these kext makes Monterey unstable (beginning with the Monterey beta).

I will try it now with the Display Port output and Display Port embedded audio and will be back here with the result ...

Correct. FakePCIID should not be used in Monterey. It will certainly cause system panics.

Display Port is not working too. The time i add the (0x1F,0x3) entry with your settings all sound -> output choices will disappear - no more audio out for the Hackintosh. Same as with HDMI.

Again the question before i try things that do not work at this time (i can use analog audio out, but HDMI embedded would be far better):
I am on Monterey 12.1 - Do you know if HDMI or DisplayPort embedded audio output works for a known user with Intel iGPU-out and Monterey?

If yes:
I did create my EFI with OC gen-X 3.27 which is for OC 0.7.6. I can see some differences to your demo Z490 Vision Intel iGPU-out OC-0.7.6 EFI config.plist. I saw your UEFI -> audio section with (0x1F,0x3), i had (0x1B,0x0). I did change there to your settings too. Tried it, but no better effect - same as before: all outputs disappear.

So should i change to OpenCore Configurator 0.7.6 and create EFI with this tool and compare to your config.plist?

What entry parts of your config.plist must be same for HDMI or DisplayPort embedded audio out?

So i can check that and do not use extra stuff from your config.plist that i do not need or which makes other problems. For example: i think i saw bluetooth, 2.5 GB Intel Ethernet and other special stuff that i will not need.

Last edited:
Let's do a metaphorical soft reset, as follows:
  • Run Hackintool, select the PCIe tab and click Export as shown. This will generate 4 files with different file extensions. Post the file with .txt extension.
Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 8.03.23 AM.png

• Also compress and post your EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from config.plist --> PlatformInfo --> DataHub before posting.

@CaseySJ
With this OC 0.7.6 EFI i had so far no Monterey 12.1 broblems or unstable behaviour, but no HDMI or DisplaPort embedded audio out.

Thanks for watching.

Attachments

• pcidevices_tobipa_Gigabyte-Z490M-iGPU_OC-0.7.6.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 18
  • EFI_tobipa_Gigabyte-Z490M-iGPU_OC-0.7.6.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back