Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490M
CPU
i5-10500
Graphics
UHD 630
Understood. Two things to check:
  • In the Sound menubar option please see if your monitor's name is listed. Whenever HDMI audio is available, the name of the monitor will appear here. Because I'm away from home, here's what my 14" MacBook Pro shows. Under Output you should see the name of your monitor.
  • If the name of your monitor does not appear, please post screenshots of OpenCore Configurator --> Device Properties as shown:
@CaseySJ
Thanks for the link with the iGPU informations. That will help me for the future.

I do not see any Monitor listed in my system -> sound -> output selection choices, just 4 choices non monitor belonging.

The picture with my DeviceProperties settings for iGPU (is a 1:1 copy from your iGPU demo EFI) and the other is default setting for ALC 887 audio which is current working for me with anlag line-out (copy from OC comet lake guide):

OS-Monterey-12.1__config.plist-DeviceProperties__iGPU-UHD-630.jpg

I remember that i did saw in another sample EFI config.plist some HDMI audio settings for iGPU. May there are missing settings or a missing kext to search for to get a HDMI embedded audio output choice in the selection of sound -> output?

Thanks for any answer.

@CaseySJ
Thanks for the link with the iGPU informations. That will help me for the future.

I do not see any Monitor listed in my system -> sound -> output selection choices, just 4 choices non monitor belonging.

The picture with my DeviceProperties settings for iGPU (is a 1:1 copy from your iGPU demo EFI) and the other is default setting for ALC 887 audio which is current working for me with anlag line-out (copy from OC comet lake guide):

View attachment 537696

I remember that i did saw in another sample EFI config.plist some HDMI audio settings for iGPU. May there are missing settings or a missing kext to search for to get a HDMI embedded audio output choice in selction in sound -> output?

Thanks for any answer.
The screenshot shows layout-id being injected for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0). Are you also using alcid boot argument to specify the audio layout ID?

The screenshot shows layout-id being injected for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0). Are you also using alcid boot argument to specify the audio layout ID?
Yes i do set alcid=1 as boot argument.

Yes i do set alcid=1 as boot argument.
In that case we should delete this Device Property: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)

In that case we should delete this Device Property: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)
I did delete that device property and analog line-out audio is still working.

I do not get any sound -> output choice for the monitor and all 4 choices do not work for a HDMI embedded audio output.

I am on Monterey 12.1 - Do you know if HDMI embedded audio output works for a known user with iGPU and Monterey?

I did delete that device property and analog line-out audio is still working.

I do not get any sound -> output choice for the monitor and all 4 choices do not work for a HDMI embedded audio output.

I am on Monterey 12.1 - Do you know if HDMI embedded audio output works for a known user with iGPU and Monterey?
It works on both Z490 Vision G and Vision D. Because you're using a different board, let's continue this in Monterey Desktop Support. I'll move these posts over there.

Some questions/requests:
  • What is the make/model of your monitor?
  • Are you using an HDMI-to-HDMI cable? Or DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort cable?
  • Post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> DeviceProperties, but click this item:
Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 3.20.00 PM.png

I have an Philips BDM3270QP and Eizo Foris FX2431. Both working with HDMI embedded audio with windows.

It is a short HDMI to HDMI cable.

I just have the entries shown here. Now after your comment no more 0x1b audio entry, just the 0x2 entry for iGPU. There is no item like your shown (0x1F, 0x3) entry. Gigabyte Z490M has ALC 887 audio adapter with 0x1b, this (0x1F, 0x3) may be a different audio adapter on the Vision series boards ?

OS-Monterey-12.1__config.plist-DeviceProperties__iGPU-UHD-630.jpg

Please add the entry for (0x1F, 0x3) as shown in my screenshot. Let’s see if that helps.

@CaseySJ
I did add the (0x1F, 0x3) entry with the settings and the effect was:
In sound -> output all choices were gone - just empty and i had no more audio out :banghead:

I did look around and saw that in your demo Gigabyte Z490 Vision-D iGPU-out OC-0.7.6 EFI config.plist were the FakePCIID.kext and the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext included.

I did keep the (0x1F,0x3) entry with the settings and did copy these two kexts to my EFI kexts, made in ProperTree editor an OC Snapshot and moved both new kexts between the WhateverGreen.kext and the AppleAlc.kext and did reboot ...
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The HDMI embedded audio output is working on selecting my monitor name in sound -> output.
In sound -> output i have now 4 audio out choices for my mainboard and the monitor name choice for HDMI embedded audio out.

Thanks a lot - without your hints i would never had found the solution for iGPU HDMI output and HDMI embedded audio output!

A question:
Should i write my installation description as a new post here to help other guys to get iGPU HDMI output and HDMI embedded audio output working with Monterey 12.1 and Big Sur?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back