Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio GTX 1060 Razer Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it has something to do with SMBIOS choice.
Did you try MacBookPro15,1?

Something is not right that is causing HDAU not showing in IOService as a peer to GFX0.

Was there a certain layout-id that made HDMI audio option show?

I'll give changing the SMBIOS a shot tomorrow. Out of all the layout-id's I tried (a lot lol), none of them made HDMI Audio show up as an option in Audio Devices.

I'll give changing the SMBIOS a shot tomorrow. Out of all the layout-id's I tried (a lot lol), none of them made HDMI Audio show up as an option in Audio Devices.

Thanks for the clarification.
This had me wondering:
but I still no longer have the option for HDMI audio when HDMI is plugged in

The 'no longer' implies it was once working.

Thanks for the clarification.
This had me wondering:

The 'no longer' implies it was once working.

Before I went and implemented native audio with AppleALC kext, I had the VoodooHDA kext in L-E and I had the AppleALC kext in the clover kext folder for testing purposes for HDMI audio. AppleALC kext was in the clover kext clover strictly to help enable HDMI audio, I wasn't using it for the laptops main audio at the time. While doing this when rebooting with HDMI plugged in, HDMI Digital Out would show up as an option in Audio Devices, but it wouldn't pass audio over HDMI. If I removed the AppleALC kext from the clover folder, the HDMI Digital Out option would go away with it.

I wonder if it has something to do with SMBIOS choice.
Did you try MacBookPro15,1?

Something is not right that is causing HDAU not showing in IOService as a peer to GFX0.

Was there a certain layout-id that made HDMI audio option show?

Tried MacBookPro15,1 no change, same situation.

No PR files attached, no idea.

New PR files attached, tried with a MacbookPro 11,1 and an 11,4 and the 15,1 no change, all had no option for HDMI audio.

Attachments

• debug_25786.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
New PR files attached, tried with a MacbookPro 11,1 and an 11,4 and the 15,1 no change, all had no option for HDMI audio.

I have no idea why the HDAU is not showing in IOService.

I have no idea why the HDAU is not showing in IOService.

Any thoughts on where to start looking? Is it possible that maybe the HDAS to HDEF rename patch is causing it?

Did you make hdmi audio work? I'm trying to but doesn't work for me, at one point I had hdmi showing but wasn't working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back