Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio for Radeon HD5770 + Asus P5W DH Deluxe MoBo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

@sharookh: could you enlighten me on how you have installed Lion on the p5w dh deluxe?
maybe post some link to an install guide as well?

I would also like to know what is working and what not, pssible issues with sleep and shutdown, USB2 fully working?

Thanks for your reply!

Greetings

I installed Lion using the tonymacx86 install guide. Everything is working except HDMI audio (I haven't found the right kexts for the ALC882 audio onboard)

sharookh said:
I installed Lion using the tonymacx86 install guide. Everything is working except HDMI audio (I haven't found the right kexts for the ALC882 audio onboard)
Not clear, is 882 on board audio working?

So, the on-board sound works with VoodooHDA kexts within Multibeast but that just gives you normal stereo sound not the 5.1.
As long as you just want sound, its good enough but if you want the 5.1 (or try enabling HDMI audio), its bad cause you cant without the correct ALC882 kexts.

sharookh said:
So, the on-board sound works with VoodooHDA kexts within Multibeast but that just gives you normal stereo sound not the 5.1.
As long as you just want sound, its good enough but if you want the 5.1 (or try enabling HDMI audio), its bad cause you cant without the correct ALC882 kexts.
I don't know of any ALC882 AppleHDA.kext solutions.

@Sharookh: Great to hear everything is working, gonna try this soonish!

If you find a solution for HDMI audio, please let us know.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back