Contribute
Register

HDMI AppleHDA and DSDT Patch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello guys
I have a Gainward GT 430 ... with i5 2500 and gigabyte GA P67A UD3 B3

I install everything and at the end I can see in the system profile GT 430 but actually I cant open DVD player for example ..

any suggestions?? thanks

Im not so expert .. please help me

I met a guy on this forum who has the same graphic card like mine ..
gainward GT 430 ... he sorted out the problem with the Nvidia update .. and he suggested me to run the update and then run MB again ... with chimera ... and .. utilities for the permission ... but after I do it ... I can only get a blank screen ....

any suggestions?
thanks

legno23 said:
I met a guy on this forum who has the same graphic card like mine ..
gainward GT 430 ... he sorted out the problem with the Nvidia update .. and he suggested me to run the update and then run MB again ... with chimera ... and .. utilities for the permission ... but after I do it ... I can only get a blank screen ....

any suggestions?
thanks

Hey Legno, when that same thing happened to me, I switched from the DVI port to the HDMI port and it worked. Maybe...?

Good luck!

and after that everything was working ??? VGA , DVI and HDMI ???

but we dont have the same graphic card ...
I have only a VGA monitor and a DVI adapter ..
should I buy the HDMI adapter ???

thanks

Toleda, Flyfridge1: Same EXACT scenario, pls help!

Hey Toleda/Flyfridge,

I'm working on the same build, and I've gotten myself to the exact point Flyfridge was at right before this post:

Flyfridge1 said:
With help from toleda:
I have successfully enabled my video card without enablers and audio working through HDMI. I have added both the DSDT and AppleHDA that we have worked on. These are based on the hardware described in my signature. Any questions, I'll see if I can help.
Thank you toleda?

I have onboard audio and full resolution until I follow the procedure for HDMI audio. Then I get the same system profiler screenshot Flyfridge posted after he turned off graphics enabler, and low resolution, etc. After the post with all the screenshots, you never posted your fix for this problem.

I am using a different video card (asus engt430) but it's the same chipset.

What did you do to get from where I am to where you are???

Thanks!

legno23 said:
and after that everything was working ??? VGA , DVI and HDMI ???

but we dont have the same graphic card ...
I have only a VGA monitor and a DVI adapter ..
should I buy the HDMI adapter ???

thanks

Ah... so it is. I don't know if an adapter would help you, but have you tried both ports? Maybe plug both in at the same time?

If not, then I have no good news for you, sorry!

Good luck.

PS I did this with an asus ENGT430 card in the htpc build I'm working on, not the ATI card in my signature.

Re: Toleda, Flyfridge1: Same EXACT scenario, pls help!

nermll said:
Hey Toleda/Flyfridge,

I'm working on the same build, and I've gotten myself to the exact point Flyfridge was at right before this post:

Flyfridge1 said:
With help from toleda:
I have successfully enabled my video card without enablers and audio working through HDMI. I have added both the DSDT and AppleHDA that we have worked on. These are based on the hardware described in my signature. Any questions, I'll see if I can help.
Thank you toleda?

I have onboard audio and full resolution until I follow the procedure for HDMI audio. Then I get the same system profiler screenshot Flyfridge posted after he turned off graphics enabler, and low resolution, etc. After the post with all the screenshots, you never posted your fix for this problem.

I am using a different video card (asus engt430) but it's the same chipset.

What did you do to get from where I am to where you are???

Thanks!

You need to look at you applehda this is the key to using the audio chipset on the video card.
1. Install a virgin AppleHDA.kext (v. 1.9.9, native in 10.6.5, .6 or .7)
Repair permissions (Kext Utility)

2. Download ALC892Enabler viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14725

3. Run ALC892Enabler, select Speaker Configuration and install

4. Reboot

5. Verify onboard audio in System Preferences/Sound/Output

Toledo,
Pics of my System Profiler/Graphics as welll as my System Preferences/Sound as mentioned in my PM to you.
Thank you

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-02 at 4.44.01 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-02 at 4.44.01 PM.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 363
  • Screen shot 2011-06-02 at 4.44.48 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-02 at 4.44.48 PM.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Screen shot 2011-06-02 at 4.52.31 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-02 at 4.52.31 PM.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 280
Hello,

I need help in getting my hdmi audio working on my samsung r780.
Graphics (gt330m) is patched in dsdt.aml.
Audio is also patched in dsdt.aml and I think my applehda.kext is patched. (I've downloaded it from kexts.com.
I've a device (pegp) in my dsdt.aml but the hdmi audio verification is not correct.
My soundcard is a alc269.
All is working in SL (10.6.7) but I would like to have hdmi audio working.
I'm attaching my dsdt.aml, ioreg, applehda.kext.

Thanks.

Attachments

• R780.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
sjoeze said:
Hello,

I need help in getting my hdmi audio working on my samsung r780.
Graphics (gt330m) is patched in dsdt.aml.
Audio is also patched in dsdt.aml and I think my applehda.kext is patched. (I've downloaded it from kexts.com.
I've a device (pegp) in my dsdt.aml but the hdmi audio verification is not correct.
My soundcard is a alc269.
All is working in SL (10.6.7) but I would like to have hdmi audio working.
I'm attaching my dsdt.aml, ioreg, applehda.kext.

Thanks.

It is clear you have done a lot of work to get OS X to work on this machine. In a brief look at your DSDT and IOReg, a few comments:

1. P0P2 should be renamed PEGP, the current Device (PEGP) looks like is should be GFX1. GFX0 is used by internal graphics in your dsdt.
2. HDAU doesn't exist and must be added under PEGP
3. GFX1 and HDAU are peers and both are included in PEGP.
4. One or both of the connector-type must be hdmi "00 08 00 00"
5. AppleHDA patching makes sense once the dsdt and IOReg are correct.

More info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22030 and http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22032.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back