Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87N - Wifi
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 650
I am currently in the process of installing. I plan on dual booting and only using my SSD to install the OS. I have installed Mavericks on the 1st partition and awaiting to install Windows on the 2nd partition of the SSD. I also have an internal HDD that I plan to use for storage. I want to just use the SSD for booting purposes, while having the HDD use for storage for both Mavericks/Windows. How would I go about getting those configured to store data only on the internal HDD rather than where the OS is installed? Im new to this stuff and your help would greatly be appreciated!

When you say store data do you mean you files when using the OS? So document, movies etc?

You do that from within the OS by setting where you want documents to be stored.

Yes, meaning "everything else" from the computer to go to the HDD. Like downloads, etc. Is there a default setting that will set the HDD as the main storage point? Can this be mixed in with the Windows OS as well? I don't want any files going into my SSD.

Thanks for the helpful link. What is recommended ? If I have Windows and OS X on the boot drive, would it be safe for me to store applications on the boot drive as well? And all other files point to the HDD? Anyone know if Windows can store files as well to the same HDD it shares with the Mac OS?

I'll chime in with my 2 cents. With the price of storage these days I would NEVER install more than one OS to a drive...but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back