Contribute
Register

HDCP Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
My video card and my monitor both support HDCP. However, I am not able to watch movies downloaded via iTunes.

Any suggestions?

There is no known solution yet for playing protected content on Ivy/Haswell systems. Even doing a rollback to older versions of iTunes won't work for most people. Some with Sandy Bridge or older systems have no problems playing this content. If you have iTunes installed on a Windows PC that could possibly work.

There is no known solution yet for playing protected content on Ivy/Haswell systems. Even doing a rollback to older versions of iTunes won't work for most people. Some with Sandy Bridge or older systems have no problems playing this content. If you have iTunes installed on a Windows PC that would work.
I booted into Windows 10 and didn't have any success there. :(

I booted into Windows 10 and didn't have any success there. :(

Some have reported it working in the past with Win 7 and 8. Have either of those on a drive ? Are you using Windows on Haswell hardware ?

One other option would be to use something like the Elite 8000 which is even older than Sandy Bridge.

Some have reported it working in the past with Win 7 and 8. Have either of those on a drive ? Are you using Windows on Haswell hardware ?

One other option would be to use something like the Elite 8000 which is even older than Sandy Bridge.
I'm using the same machine - dual boot.

It's really not that important at the moment. I only have two movies and one of those is a digital copy of a DvD. I hoping there was a simple fix.

Here's an interesting twist.

This morning I booted up into Windows 10, just to make another attempt, via iTunes. One of the movies played fine. The other did not. A warning popped up indicated that content required a built in monitor or a display that is compatible with HDCP.

I'll dig around on the ASUS site and see I can find anything.

Here's an intersection twist.

This morning I booted up into Windows 10, just to make another attempt, via iTunes. One of the movies played fine. The other did not. A warning popped up indicated that content required a built in monitor or a display that is compatible with HDCP.

I'll dig around on the ASUS site and see I can find anything.

Try disabling onboard iGPU. Its a common problem windows has the same issue with HDCP as OS X does.

Try disabling onboard iGPU. Its a common problem windows has the same issue with HDCP as OS X does.
iGPU is always disabled unless I have to take out the graphics card for some reason. My system works fine with one or the other, but not both. So I keep the onboard graphics turned off via BIOS settings.

What about Broadwell and Skylake setups? Has there been any success with these?
Not that I've seen. Generally Sandy Bridge or older chipsets give you the best chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back