Contribute
Register

HDCP + DRM Video working on any newer hardware configurations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
eVGA GTX 780 / Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Are there any later Hackintosh configurations that have this working in Yosemite? That is your DRM/HDCP videos play in iTunes (HD and SD) and HDCP enabled Netflix video play through Safari? I have an Ivy Bridge CPU (i7 3770K) on a 7 Series board (GA-Z77X-UD5H) that for the past two years has not been able to play any HD video trailers or purchased video on iTunes because of the DRM/HDCP (not sure which one is the culprit really) problem. I've tried multiple boot loaders to no avail as some have suggested they may be the culprit, but neither chimera, clover nor ozmosis have solved this problem. Also at the moment Yosemite seems to be a show stopper on this board, USB is really screwed up and causing panics and rebooting after wake from sleep. I'm holding out hope for a while but I may end up selling it if there's no solution for it in the next few months. For the time being I've downgraded to Mavericks.

The easy solution of course would be for me to buy Apple hardware, but I hate their new approach to making nothing upgradable. I like to get more than 3-4 years out of my computers and they're making that hard to do when there's no PCIe slots and in some cases ram soldered onto the motherboards and hard drives that cost a fortune to upgrade because they're proprietary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back