Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

now that Aty_Init Uakari is removed in MultiBeast 3.2,
we have to use 'Ati Experimental r700' in combination with 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes (32/64bit).
I'm not really happy with the GPU performs from my HD5870.

I have in 'CineBench 11.5 an OpenGL score of 25 pfs till max 27 fps...
As I compere this with the Aty_Init Uakari kext I got 30 FPS till max 33 FPS ...
Ok, we can't make it bootable in 64bit with the kext, but why are the FPS so low,
if we compere it with the HD5770... it has 27 FPS till max 30 FPS ...

Is this an issue in the bootloader ?

Are there other people with an HD5870 with this benchmarks of there GPU ?

Greetings ;)

You're right!

My system (5770) using Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r700 by Kabyl with experimental ATI GraphicsEnabler support, GraphicsEnabler=Yes is 26.97

Using Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r699 plus ATY_Init, GraphicsEnabler=No results are 34.49

Seems like a big difference.

Im not positive, but I believe it may be inherently using the incorrect ROM file, Uakari for example which is preffered is likely not the one being loaded internally with Chameleon. Im assuming there autoloaded in any recent chameleon builds after auto-detecting the card.

Not entirely sure on all the changes quite yet though.

sfroom said:
This is a really interesting topic. Macman suggests that the benchmarks should be the same (http://macmanx86.blogspot.com/2011/02/c ... abler.html).

Not my experience. ATY_Init scores significantly better on Cinebench.

sfroom said:
Is there anyway to change the frame buffer using r700?

Put this in com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Hoolock, Vervet, Uakari etc</string>

Or type AtiConfig=XXXXXXX at boot screen

Chameleon properly uses the Hoolock FB for me, so that's not the problem.

Which frame buffer do you guys recommend? It seems like a lot of people are using Uakari, but Hawgguy, you mention you prefer Hoolock? Any reason in particular, better performance?

sfroom said:
Which frame buffer do you guys recommend? It seems like a lot of people are using Uakari, but Hawgguy, you mention you prefer Hoolock? Any reason in particular, better performance?

Most ATI 5770 cards work best with Vervet.
Apple Branded ATI 5770 cards are a little different, and require Hoolock, AFAIK they are the only cards that do.

Most 5870 cards use Uakari, though I had one (a Diamond) that required Zonalis. A bit confusing if you ask me. I think there are around 30 different framebuffers, and variations exist between vendors and the outputs used (DVI, HDMI, Displayport, mini Displayport). These variations have something to do with the proper framebuffer to use.

I've got a reference design Sapphire 5870. Best that I stick with Uakari? Are there performance differences between the buffers, or is it more just a matter of enabling all of the display outputs, etc?

Sorry to derail the thread. In the next day or two I'll test both methods (ATY_init vs. graphicsenabler) and I'll post my results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back