Gigabyte Z170N-WIFI (ITX)
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
R9 380X
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I have applied the MultiBeast platform-ID patch, the 4 displays patch in KextstoPatch and 8 patches from Pike R Alpha under /Devices for the HD530. The glitches are gone (I think).

Two new problems I didn't have on Capitan:
* I can't run my monitor in its native 1440p over HDMI using 530 output anymore. It defaults to 2048x1080 resolution. I seem to have acceleration, video is fine and memory is reporting 1536MB available in About this Mac. However, my iTunes which is running in full screen is just a black window. I can tab out of it.

* If I boot without anything plugged into the iGPU port, my graphics card won't output anything. It works if I boot with a cable in the port.

I have ATIInject=Yes, using Lagotto framebuffer (which reports fine in About this Mac), and IntelInject=Yes.

Any clue on what to do?

So after reading a bit on Pikes blog it seems this is a regular occuring Gigabyte-board occurance. That's too bad :/

Edit: I fiddled around with my config.plist and BIOS and now it's working. I don't know what I did that fixed it.

To clarify: On the system in signature, I can boot to my graphics card without having anything plugged into the iGPU port. I have the black screen until post, but after post is done I see the login screen as normal.

iGPU output is still kind of broken with the wrong resolution but that's alright.

Maybe this is nothing new at all. Anyway, I am glad it's working and if anyone have any questions about settings in BIOS, just shoot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back