1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I have upgraded to 10.10 and I'm BIOS booting Clover and I still have to login/logout/login to get rid of the menubar corruption problem. (Still no reply from System76 about getting the original BIOS: I think they removed UEFI from the BOOT menu.)

VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2, Brightness, Sleep, TRIM all working and I am using DSDT, SSDT ,SSDT-1 , SSDT-2 same as before the upgrade from Chimera. Should the SSDTs go back to the numbering from Linux? (I have SSDT4 (renamed SSDT-1) and also SSDT5 (SSDT-2) because GFX0 appears in it.) Brightness and Sleep are working, so I guess they are getting loaded.

I applied this information to the generic HD440/4600 starter config.plist using Clover Configurator:

Mobile HD4600 Yosemite:

Name: AppleIntelHD5000Graphics
find: 3D868012047410EB5D
repl: 3D868016047410EB5D

Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
find: 3D86801204
repl: 3D86801604

Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086
Graphics/Inject/Intel=Yes
Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0a260006

Is there anything else I can try?

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 299
I have upgraded to 10.10 and I'm BIOS booting Clover and I still have to login/logout/login to get rid of the menubar corruption problem. (Still no reply from System76 about getting the original BIOS: I think they removed UEFI from the BOOT menu.)

VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2, Brightness, Sleep, TRIM all working and I am using DSDT, SSDT ,SSDT-1 , SSDT-2 same as before the upgrade from Chimera. Should the SSDTs go back to the numbering from Linux? (I have SSDT4 (renamed SSDT-1) and also SSDT5 (SSDT-2) because GFX0 appears in it.) Brightness and Sleep are working, so I guess they are getting loaded.

I applied this information to the generic HD440/4600 starter config.plist using Clover Configurator:

Is there anything else I can try?

Clover does not require the SSDTs to be sequentially numbered.

HD4600 glitches:
- set bootloader resolution to native resolution
- try different ig-platform-id values (0xa260006, 0xa260005, 0xa260000, 0xa160000, 0xa2e0008)
- set slide=0 kernel flag
- set a color profile
- inject EDID
- login/logout/login
- rollback Azul/HD5000 kexts to 10.9.1
- patch framebuffer... (requires much research)

Mine started working ok after upgrading to 10.10.1

I'm still stuck with login/logout/login to fix the menubar and random artifacts that come and go.

What's your ig-platform-id?

Are you using Clover?

What kexts have you patched?
I have applied the patches in the sticky HD4600 thread.

Are you sure it's really ok? No CVMCompiler crashes? No funny stuff in Preview or PhotoBooth?

Specifying a VRAM size of 1536 the Clover config.plist greatly reduces the graphics artifacts. There are still a few snow covered icons in the menubar which logout/login fixes.

Is this the right amount of VRAM? How can I probe this? I have a "business" laptop with JUST HD4600 mobile, no nvidia or other DGPU.

I don't have any settings in the BIOS about using RAM as VRAM.

I'm getting 1536 from About This Mac, so it could be wrong.

Try pikeralpha script to patch frame buffer or the patch in the XPS13 thread.. 6MB to 9MB cursors byte

Been taking a break from Hackintoshing for a while.

Since the last post, I have updated to the most recent version of Clover, made the changes to config.plist needed and installed the FakeID kexts, and applied the "9MB cursor patch" using the text from post #189 of the HD4600 Fix thread.

The menubar problem is finally fixed, no need to logout/login anymore. I had been under the impression that the patch was only for HD4400 so it did not occur to me to try it, except as a last resort after all else had failed to help. Doh!

The only video issue I have left is a corrupt Apple Logo at the startup screen.

Since the last post, I have updated to the most recent version of Clover, made the changes to config.plist needed and installed the FakeID kexts, and applied the "9MB cursor patch" using the text from post #189 of the HD4600 Fix thread.

The menubar problem is finally fixed, no need to logout/login anymore. I had been under the impression that the patch was only for HD4400 so it did not occur to me to try it, except as a last resort after all else had failed to help. Doh!

It is specific only to ig-platform-id 0xa260006. The same idea could be easily applied to any other platform-id.

The only video issue I have left is a corrupt Apple Logo at the startup screen.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145308-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back