i5 4590t
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I'm having troubles with my HD4600 on HP EliteDesk G1 mini while using TV over HDMI/DP. HP have only two DP ports, so I'm using DP to HDMI adapter to connect it to my Sony Bravia TV.

I got Television: Yes and 24bit palette when I connect to TV. Resolution is fine (1080p), but something is definitely wrong. I got some weird contrast, weird resolution, and everything is just in low quality (screenshot probably is not showing that). It's like it's upscaled or something. When I connect to regular PC Monitor with FullHD with the same cable, everything is fine, problem is only when my PC detect it's using TV.

Is there any way to fix it?

How did I install my Mojave:

1. Unibeast directly of 10.14.3 (UEFI mode)
2. Install Mojave
3. Multibeast
Quick Start -> UEFI mode
Drivers -> Network -> Intel -> IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0
Drivers -> Audio -> VoodooHDA -> VoodooHDA v2.9.1
4. Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts

That's it. Everything seems to be working fine, but the screen quality on TV...

Specs of PC:

i5-4590t
8GB RAM
HD4600
512GB SSD
ALC221 sound
i219-v ethernet

I tried to rename my HDMI ports to PC, DVI, DVI-PC and everything else that google told me to, not working.
Read something about EDID edit, but I don't understand that.

Already did that (didn't help): https://www.mathewinkson.com/2013/0...ix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor

I had exactly same problem with my previous build with GTX 1060 on High Sierra, so it's definitely something with connecting it to TV (pc monitors are working fine).

Last edited:
Also found that thread:

Didnt work.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm officially an idiot.

The 1080p timing, when applied to the HDMI input, will be treated as a video timing and not a PC timing. This will affect the System Settings and Displaysettings. To view PC content:
- Set Scene Select to Graphics
- Set Screen Format/Wide Mode to Full
- Set Display Area to Full Pixel. (Display Area is configurable only when Auto Display Area is set to Off.)

And that's it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back