Contribute
Register

HD4600 Graphics Acceleration still not working after numerous workarounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a fault with Clover's default for desktop HD 4600 setups. The plist provided injects the layout-id, and does give resolution in the installer, yet 64mb of VRAM. This makes the installation go great, but no QE/CI graphics acceleration.

Basically what needs to be done, is Clover needs to inject the proper device id and layout id, as Chimera does by default. This way Haswell-based HD 4600 desktop systems will "just work".

I'll see what I can come up with- it's probably been done before, but as with all Clover things it's specialized per system.

Dear Tony, how can I know the correct values to inject (id and layout id) in clover?

Kafky

There seems to be a fault with Clover's default for desktop HD 4600 setups. The plist provided injects the layout-id, and does give resolution in the installer, yet 64mb of VRAM. This makes the installation go great, but no QE/CI graphics acceleration.

Basically what needs to be done, is Clover needs to inject the proper device id and layout id, as Chimera does by default. This way Haswell-based HD 4600 desktop systems will "just work".

I'll see what I can come up with- it's probably been done before, but as with all Clover things it's specialized per system.

Hi Tony. Is it possible the the Platform ID is formatted differently?
I had to use 0x0300220D instead of 0x0d220003 to get to the right shared memory VRam Size.
Do you have further steps for me to doublecheck yet?

Is it possible the the Platform ID is formatted differently?
The correct ig-platform-id representation is:
0x0300220D (Azul binary) or
0d220003

Either works in Clover/config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id
Chimera uses IDPlatformID=0d220003.
Chameleon uses IntelAzulFB=10 (0300220d)

The correct ig-platform-id representation is:
0x0300220D (Azul binary) or
0d220003

Either works in Clover/config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id
Chimera uses IDPlatformID=0d220003.
Chameleon uses IntelAzulFB=10 (0300220d)
Thx for the facts Toleda.
Nice to know. But I'm afraid to say my graphics acceleration isn't working either way.

My suggestion is to use chameleon if you can. My Laptop which has Intel 4600 graphics works just fine with IntelAzulFB=12. Values 8 and 10 work to varying degrees.

Note that the IntelAzulFB commands only work in chameleon and not chimera, at least yet.

My suggestion is to use chameleon if you can. My Laptop with 4600 works just fine with IntelAzulFB=12. Values 8 and 10 work to varying degrees.

Note that the IntelAzulFB commands only work in chameleon.
Thank you very much for the advice. :wave:
Then I think the corresponing IntelAzul PlatformIDs should help, shouldn´t they? :think:

8 = 0000260d 10 = 0300220d A 12 = 0600260

Thank you very much for the advice. :wave:
Then I think the corresponing IntelAzul PlatformIDs should help, shouldn´t they? :think:

8 = 0000260d 10 = 0300220d A 12 = 0600260

You can always try! I'm just not familiar with chimera/clover anymore.

My suggestion is to use chameleon if you can. My Laptop which has Intel 4600 graphics works just fine with IntelAzulFB=12. Values 8 and 10 work to varying degrees.

Note that the IntelAzulFB commands only work in chameleon and not chimera, at least yet.

AFAIK clover is built on chameleon, right?!

I tried the corresponding Platform ID I posted both in Azul and Chimera Style and it didn't solve my issue. Graphics shows as Intel Hd4600 correctly, but still no acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back