Contribute
Register

HD4600 dual monitor on BIG SUR glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have edited your OpenCore folder to what I think your Haswell system should use.
  1. I have generated with the use of your DSDT and Corpnewt's SSDTTime-Machine Python script two SSDT's for your system.
  2. I have also added a number of SSDT's that I use in my Haswell systems. All the SSDT's have been added to the /OC/ACPI folder
  3. Removed the DSDT.aml from the /OC/ACPI folder
  4. I have changed and added a number of kexts in the /OC/Kexts folder.
  5. I have deleted the CrScreenshotDxe.efi driver, from the /OC/Drivers folder, as your system shouldn't need this driver.
  6. All new and removed kexts, SSDT's and patches have been added or removed from the revised config.plist's.
  7. I have created two nearly identical config.plist's:
    1. config_iMac14-4.plist​
    2. config_iMac15-1.plist​
  8. You need to confirm whether your system uses a discrete AMD or Nvidia Graphics Card. The specification page for your system shows that a number of discrete cards were available for this mini system - https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04240180
  9. If your system uses a discrete GPU (AMD or Nvidia) then you need to use the config_iMac15-1.plist.
  10. If your system uses the IGPU (Intel HD 4600) for all graphics processes then you need to use the config_iMac14-4.plist.
  11. Whichever of the two config.plist's you use with your system, you need to change the name of the plist to config.plist, otherwise it will not work.
  12. You have your location set as CA (Canada) with a AirportBrcmFixup boot argument, You have your keyboard language US English. I have therefore included just the English audio files in the /OC/Resources/Audio folder.
  13. I have not changed any of the items in the other /OC/Resources sub-folders.
I would recommend you try this revised OC folder on a USB to see what difference it makes to your system. The folder would need to be copied to the EFI Partition's EFI folder on the USB, alongside the OC 0.6.3 Boot folder.

You would need to start your system and access the Boot Menu, press the F10 key repeatedly to bring up the Boot Menu on your system. When in the Boot Menu, make sure you select the UEFI partition on the USB as the boot device.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 118
Damn man
I have edited your OpenCore folder to what I think your Haswell system should use.
  1. I have generated with the use of your DSDT and Corpnewt's SSDTTime-Machine Python script two SSDT's for your system.
  2. I have also added a number of SSDT's that I use in my Haswell systems. All the SSDT's have been added to the /OC/ACPI folder
  3. Removed the DSDT.aml from the /OC/ACPI folder
  4. I have changed and added a number of kexts in the /OC/Kexts folder.
  5. I have deleted the CrScreenshotDxe.efi driver, from the /OC/Drivers folder, as your system shouldn't need this driver.
  6. All new and removed kexts, SSDT's and patches have been added or removed from the revised config.plist's.
  7. I have created two nearly identical config.plist's:
    1. config_iMac14-4.plist​
    2. config_iMac15-1.plist​
  8. You need to confirm whether your system uses a discrete AMD or Nvidia Graphics Card. The specification page for your system shows that a number of discrete cards were available for this mini system - https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04240180
  9. If your system uses a discrete GPU (AMD or Nvidia) then you need to use the config_iMac15-1.plist.
  10. If your system uses the IGPU (Intel HD 4600) for all graphics processes then you need to use the config_iMac14-4.plist.
  11. Whichever of the two config.plist's you use with your system, you need to change the name of the plist to config.plist, otherwise it will not work.
  12. You have your location set as CA (Canada) with a AirportBrcmFixup boot argument, You have your keyboard language US English. I have therefore included just the English audio files in the /OC/Resources/Audio folder.
  13. I have not changed any of the items in the other /OC/Resources sub-folders.
I would recommend you try this revised OC folder on a USB to see what difference it makes to your system. The folder would need to be copied to the EFI Partition's EFI folder on the USB, alongside the OC 0.6.3 Boot folder.

You would need to start your system and access the Boot Menu, press the F10 key repeatedly to bring up the Boot Menu on your system. When in the Boot Menu, make sure you select the UEFI partition on the USB as the boot device.
This is a crazy amount of work again thanks for that :)

I am using the IGPU HD4600 but wouldn't 14.4 prevent BIG SUR to boot ?

So I tried both config.plist and with both instance it get stuck at rooting via boot-uuid f and partially display the string.

No, the iMac 14.4 SMBIOS will work with Big Sur.

Which config.plist did you use?

Does your system contain a discrete graphics card?

Post/attach a photo of the screen when it kernel panics, so I can see what is happening.

No, the iMac 14.4 SMBIOS will work with Big Sur.

Which config.plist did you use?

Does your system contain a discrete graphics card?

Post/attach a photo of the screen when it kernel panics, so I can see what is happening.
I tried with the 14.4 and 15.1 a few time with bot but always get stuck at the same place. The line always get partially printed. see attached

And no there's no other graphic than the HD4600

Attachments

• 20201128_230348 - Copy.jpg
    20201128_230348 - Copy.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 78
see attached
Try Search, I have seen some similar posts recently.

Example :

Try Search, I have seen some similar posts recently.

Example :

I tried the patch went a bit further in the boot but still have some issue.

I feel using these conf.plist I've been going backward.

my only issue is the dual monitor setup.

I've tried these framebuffer edits but still the second monitor doesn't lit up :(

Then revert back to your original OpenCore setup and just stick to fixing your IGPU framebuffer settings, if the revised OC folder is causing you more issues.

I would recommend you move away from the MacBook Pro SMBIOIS, as your system is neither a Laptop nor is it a Coffee Lake system.

The Haswell Framebuffer settings will not work correctly with your original MBP SMBIOS.

Then revert back to your original OpenCore setup and just stick to fixing your IGPU framebuffer settings, if the revised OC folder is causing you more issues.

I would recommend you move away from the MacBook Pro SMBIOIS, as your system is neither a Laptop nor is it a Coffee Lake system.

The Haswell Framebuffer settings will not work correctly with your original MBP SMBIOS.
Thanks M8, I'll try that much appreciate the advise.

In the testing process, I've actually messed up my original EFI folder so I'll need to go through a quick rebuild which can only be a good thing (learning process).

I'll review the SMBIOS platform and try your buffer recommendations.

Is there anything else that I should investigate, concept or tools that I should be more familair with to troubleshoot this ? (using hackintool and iogreg)

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back