Contribute
Register

HD4000 "No Kext Loaded" no matter what I try. I feel like chucking it out the window and buying a Ma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thank you - I am going to attempt your preferred option :) I am so close to giving up but that would just mean I totally wasted an entire weekend. Might as well give it one last go.

Thank you so much for your help. I'll report back here with the results!

Ok thank you - I am going to attempt your preferred option :) I am so close to giving up but that would just mean I totally wasted an entire weekend. Might as well give it one last go.

Thank you so much for your help. I'll report back here with the results!

BTW, you should fill out your profile as per rules. It won't be long and I'll forget you have an Ivy CPU using HD4000 on a 6-series board as that info was posted way back in post #1...

Ok I just tried to add the info. Hopefully I did it right :) Thanks!

Ok so after a fresh install, first I tried to create a DSDT of my own, with errors fixed and the patch applied. No boot.

Next I tried patching the tonymac file: DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F9-HDMI.aml

Still no dice.

Would it help if I show you the log and a screenshot again, or have I messed something else up?

Ok so after a fresh install, first I tried to create a DSDT of my own, with errors fixed and the patch applied. No boot.

Next I tried patching the tonymac file: DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F9-HDMI.aml

Still no dice.

Would it help if I show you the log and a screenshot again, or have I messed something else up?

Need screenshot and/or resulting DSDT.aml. "No boot" does not provide enough information.

Were you able to boot the installer (without deleting kexts) with your patched DSDT? Were you able to boot your HDD install with patched DSDT in place (still booting from USB).

If you were deleting kexts on the USB, your final install will be incomplete, so you'll have to restore them from your backups. Once the kexts are restored, you'll need to have the patched DSDT in place for the next boot. In addition, do not attempt to use the patched DSDT and the "Intel graphics patch for mixed system" at the same time. The patch will cancel out the work done in DSDT.

I did move the files on the USB. I wasn't sure how to put the DSDT file into the Extra folder without being at the Desktop. Can I do that on my MacBook? I had a look at the Package on the USB but I can't figure out where the folder is. I'd prefer to do the whole thing as you suggested, without moving any kexts.

Sorry, I am way out of my depth here but I really appreciate your help, thank you.

I did move the files on the USB. I wasn't sure how to put the DSDT file into the Extra folder without being at the Desktop. Can I do that on my MacBook?

Yes. But the folder is hidden, so use ShowAllFiles.

Ok I'm still on this. I put the DSDT on the Unibeast drive. How can I restore the moved kext files on that drive?

Ok I'm still on this. I put the DSDT on the Unibeast drive. How can I restore the moved kext files on that drive?

If you don't know how... probably best to recreate it using Unibeast.

IT WORKS!! I created a new Unibeast drive and put the patched tonymac DSDT in the Extras folder. Installed Mavericks from fresh again with absolutely zero trouble. Everything seems to be running ok.

I've been going crazy over this all weekend, and I'm soooo relieved it's finally working.

I can't thank you enough :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back