Contribute
Register

HD4000 "No Kext Loaded" no matter what I try. I feel like chucking it out the window and buying a Ma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hac Mini GA-H67N-USB3-B3 (f9)
CPU
i7-3770K Ivy Bridge
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a clean install of Mavericks on my Hac Mini (H67N, i7 3770K). I feel so close to getting everything working, but for the life of me I can not figure out what's going wrong with the graphics. I'm planning to continue using HD4000, which works great in 10.8 on the same machine.

System Report > Graphics/Displays shows

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 8 MB
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 10
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0162
Revision ID: 0x0009
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

In the BIOS "On-Chip Frame Buffer Size" is set to 32MB+2MB for GTT. No other setting works.

I did install the MultiBeast patch for mixed systems.

I have done a ton of reading on this already but for the past two days have got pretty much nowhere.

I am currently booting with these relevant options:
- GraphicsEnabler=Yes
- IGPEnabler=No (I've tried all combinations of GE and IGP - nothing makes any difference)
- Graphics Mode=1920x1200x32

Resolution is fine. The system boots every time and there are no hangs or freezes. However all animations are really choppy and lame (eg. when moving windows around). Also the menu bar is not transparent. Graphical hardware acceleration seems to not be working at all.

I've tried various combinations of IGPEnabler and IGPlatformID but it just feels like a whole lot of trial and error.

How can I figure out what I need to do here? I can't afford a Mac Pro! Thank you!

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a clean install of Mavericks on my Hac Mini (H67N, i7 3770K). I feel so close to getting everything working, but for the life of me I can not figure out what's going wrong with the graphics. I'm planning to continue using HD4000, which works great in 10.8 on the same machine.

System Report > Graphics/Displays shows

In the BIOS "On-Chip Frame Buffer Size" is set to 32MB+2MB for GTT. No other setting works.

I did install the MultiBeast patch for mixed systems.

I have done a ton of reading on this already but for the past two days have got pretty much nowhere.

I am currently booting with these relevant options:
- GraphicsEnabler=Yes
- IGPEnabler=No (I've tried all combinations of GE and IGP - nothing makes any difference)
- Graphics Mode=1920x1200x32

Resolution is fine. The system boots every time and there are no hangs or freezes. However all animations are really choppy and lame (eg. when moving windows around). Also the menu bar is not transparent. Graphical hardware acceleration seems to not be working at all.

I've tried various combinations of IGPEnabler and IGPlatformID but it just feels like a whole lot of trial and error.

How can I figure out what I need to do here? I can't afford a Mac Pro! Thank you!

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Hi RehabMan! IOReg attached, thank you.

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 173
Hi RehabMan! IOReg attached, thank you.

Boot "-f" and post ioreg again.

Also, post /var/log/system.log.

Also, it appears you're booting from USB. You should really solve any boot issues you have from HDD prior to working on graphics...

Ah yeah the USB was in when I booted that time but the system boots fine without it. I am currently typing this from a clean boot from my SSD.

Booting with -f flag caused boot to hang. I rebooted with -f -v and it stopped here:
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

View attachment system.log.zip

Booting with -f flag caused boot to hang. I rebooted with -f -v and it stopped here:
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Last message is almost never the most important. Upload quality photo of the entire screen.

Attachment is endless loop of .zip->.zip.cpgz->.zip. Use right-click 'Compress' in Finder.

View attachment system.log.zip

DSC_3164.jpg

Sorry about that other attachment

Your problem is here (from system.log):
Code:
Aug 10 06:42:12 jamess-mac-pro com.apple.kextd[11]: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext has no Info.plist file.
Aug 10 06:42:12 jamess-mac-pro com.apple.kextd[11]: AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext has no Info.plist file.
Aug 10 06:42:12 jamess-mac-pro com.apple.kextd[11]: AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext has no Info.plist file.
Aug 10 06:42:12 jamess-mac-pro com.apple.kextd[11]: AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext has no Info.plist file.

Looks like you have some damaged/corrupt/incomplete kexts...

Suggestion: fresh install.

FYI: I would recommend DSDT patches to resolve the "mixed system" problem vs. the Multibeast patch. The multibeast patch will need to be applied after every OS X update that updates AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and in between time will cause your system to be unbootable. Given that updates *require* a reboot, it is a bit of a pickle.

To resolve with DSDT patches, see: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "HD4000 on 6-series"

I have actually tried 3 fresh installs already. The trouble is I can't even access the installer without doing this on the USB disk:

Boot -s. When you see the prompt "root:", then:
Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

Once I got past the first stage of installing Mavericks, I was able to get to the desktop with -x (without moving those kexts from the SSD install). I finished setup with all those kexts seemingly intact.

Is this what is messing me up??

I have actually tried 3 fresh installs already. The trouble is I can't even access the installer without doing this on the USB disk:

Boot -s. When you see the prompt "root:", then:
Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

Once I got past the first stage of installing Mavericks, I was able to get to the desktop with -x (without moving those kexts from the SSD install). I finished setup with all those kexts seemingly intact.

Is this what is messing me up??

Option #1: To install, you need to remove the kexts (as you have done), but then restore them from backup post install (before doing anything else). Use "Intel graphics patch for mixed systems" and prepare to troubleshoot/re-patch after every update.

Option #2 (preferred): Pre-patch DSDT (prior to installing) as I describe. Place the patched DSDT on USB in /Extra, and install with full graphics support, no need to remove kexts... And... of course, place patched DSDT in /Extra on your HDD post-install. Do not use the "Intel graphics patch for mixed systems" Updates to AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri will not affect you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back