Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First time build. i5 3570K + UD5H w/ no graphics card.

After initial install of MultiBeast, a reboot welcomed me with perfect working graphics. The next reboot I got the 1280 stretched resolution. Added the 1920 x 1080 x 32 into plist, which fixes resolution but I have "jitters" only on certain parts. Mainly, when the screen is trying to portray a block of black, that section flashes white and all sorts of color. I also get a noticeable performance drop (mouse and keyboard lag) as well. As soon as the screen changes, everything is good.

BIOS has the standard set up: My two memory settings (can't recall exact labels) are at 64 MB and MAX. Changing those to various values didn't seem to help or hurt the situation.

Any ideas?! I'm SO CLOSE to finally getting this thing in working order!

Thanks for your time :headbang:

EDIT: similar thing seen when opening launchpad. There is no smooth animation, it just lags for a minute then the "launchpad" is up. On the Activity Monitor, all of my cores hit about 50% while opening and during app.

The "jitters" only show on my hackintosh when I use Safari browser and the jitters only happen in the areas showing marketing ads.

And surprisingly, the jitters only show in Safari and nowhere else!

So until I can find a solution, I have been using the Google Chrome browser with no problems at all.

My hackintosh is an Asus P8Z77-V LX motherboard, with Intel i7 CPU, 32 GB of RAM, Intel HD 4000 Graphics, and Intel HD Audio, and Realtek Gigabit Ethernet.

:thumbup:

UPDATE: Chrome seems to work for cruising the internet. Still have the problem when using Launchpad. Dashboard is also a bit glitchy. Ugh, anyone had ideas?

Hmm...I'll try using Chrome. Do you have any problems when opening LaunchPad?

No problems using Launchpad or ANY other app.

The only time the jitters appear are when I "mistakenly" use Safari. And the jitters appear only when the "ads" appear!

One suggestion I have, that may work or may not work, is to try to make sure that you have the latest version of "Flash" installed.

Try it and see if that helps. And do let me know.

:thumbup:

Not at home, but I don't think it's a flash issue. Although, when I tried to install Flash during my first attempt at this whole thing, it couldn't finish the install correctly.... I have since re-formatted and installed from scratch.

I should mention that the graphics worked perfectly between installing Mountain Lion and installing MultiBeast. The problem appears after MBeast and it's repeatable - on my third install and the same process happens everything. Initial ML install is at 1280 stretched resolution, initial reboot into MOuntain Lion (from USB stick) is at proper res and no graphic jitters, boot post MultiBeast from HDD has the jitters. Also, it's only OSX / Apple software. LaunchPad, Dashboard, Safari. Even animations of apps shrinking to dock are a little off. Third party products are fine (and last night I loaded some relatively intense audio programs) even under a decent load.

ARGH!!:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back