Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo B590
CPU
i5-3230M
Graphics
HD 4000
Hello,

I'm bit in trouble with getting HD4000 graphics to work without artifacts/glitches for my Lenovo B590. I could successfully install OS 10.11.4 following guide from post #1.

System: Lenovo B590 + Clover
CPU: i5-3230M / HM77
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

At the moment, I can boot my Hack from HDD, but with those weird artifacts. I've tried to change ig platform ID in config.plist, but then I get black screen with no output.

I have tried the patch in plist file. It, didn't help.

Instead of entering the patches manually, you can simply enable the patches already in the config.plist. Patches to kexts are based on patching a kext by name. I have modified the name so it does not match by prefixing the name with 'disabled:'. Simply remove the 'disabled:' to match against the real kext and enable the patch. For example, patches for the boot glitch fix against 'IOGraphicsFamily' are default disabled with 'disabled:IOGraphicsFamily'. Change 'disabled:IOGraphicsFamily' to 'IOGraphicsFamily' to enable the patch.​

What could you suggest for me?

Attachments

• EFI-CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 240
  • Lenovo_B590.jpg
    Lenovo_B590.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 786
Hello,

I'm bit in trouble with getting HD4000 graphics to work without artifacts/glitches for my Lenovo B590. I could successfully install OS 10.11.4 following guide from post #1.

System: Lenovo B590 + Clover
CPU: i5-3230M / HM77
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

At the moment, I can boot my Hack from HDD, but with those weird artifacts. I've tried to change ig platform ID in config.plist, but then I get black screen with no output.

I have tried the patch in plist file. It, didn't help.

Instead of entering the patches manually, you can simply enable the patches already in the config.plist. Patches to kexts are based on patching a kext by name. I have modified the name so it does not match by prefixing the name with 'disabled:'. Simply remove the 'disabled:' to match against the real kext and enable the patch. For example, patches for the boot glitch fix against 'IOGraphicsFamily' are default disabled with 'disabled:IOGraphicsFamily'. Change 'disabled:IOGraphicsFamily' to 'IOGraphicsFamily' to enable the patch.​

What could you suggest for me?

Did you enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS?
Try different settings for config.plist/GUI/ScreenResolution.
Make sure IGPU DVMT-prealloc is set to 64mb in BIOS.

Yes, enabled CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.
I cannot set 64MB IGPU as there is no such option in BIOS. :(

Will try with ScreenResolutions latter. Have messed up DSDT.aml and with EDID patch, now I see black screen after boot.
Tried with osx_installer USB, black screen also :/

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20160516_172044555_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160516_172044555_HDR.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 628
Yes, enabled CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.
I cannot set 64MB IGPU as there is no such option in BIOS. :(

Will try with ScreenResolutions latter. Have messed up DSDT.aml and with EDID patch, now I see black screen after boot.
Tried with osx_installer USB, black screen also :/

Thanks.

Remove EDID patch from DSDT.

Managed to boot in by changing the name of DSDT.aml file. Removed from ACPI/patched.
What resolution would you suggest?

What resolution would you suggest?

I don't understand the question. Are you referring to config.plist/GUI/ScreenResolution?

If so, try various values (1024x768, 1366x768).

From where did you download OS X?

I followed your guide from post #1. Download El Capitan 10.11.4 from AppStore today and created bootable USB "install_osx".

I followed your guide from post #1. Download El Capitan 10.11.4 from AppStore today and created bootable USB "install_osx".

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Big thanks for your help and support.

Attachments

• Lenovo_B590.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 261
Big thanks for your help and support.

Backlight control not implemented. Try different ig-platform-id values (as detailed in my guide).

See backlight guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Also, CPU power management not implemented.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Also, general ACPI patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back