Contribute
Register

HD4000 Distorted image after install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this exact issue as well. As noted above, adding the Graphics Mode key in the org.Chameleon.boot.plist to the native resolution of your monitor (or TV) should fix the problem. Also keep GraphicsEnabler set to yes. Those to in tandem should fix your issue.

Edit: Was reading the thread backwards and I see you've got it fixed, sorry about the noise. :)

PJALM, You seem passionate about smbios profiles and there does seem to be a lot of confusion on the subject. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to start a thread or point to a well written explanation of these profiles so that new comers can help sort out which way to go when it comes to selecting your system profile. I know that even after exhaustive studies for my first build that I never had a clear understanding and set up mine as iMac 12,2 which caused me grief when it came to installing my GPU. Not to mention the first time I tried to install with macpro 5,1 profile which caused a KP and I had to do a complete fresh install.

Thank you,

Again why are you doing this? stick to Mac Pro 3,1 its the default for a reason. I did sya those profiles are _not_ for cosmetic purposes, just because you think they look neat dosn't mean you should use them.

Originally, when I installed Mountain Lion on this system, I followed these instructions --> http://hacksbyalfa.com/post/28271035968/gigabytehackintosh because he has the same motherboard and CPU as me; and I set my system defintion to iMac 12,2. At the time I didn't realise that system definitions are more than just cosmetic and I thought I'd change it to Mac Pro. But now I understand that system definitions are more than just cosmetic so I'll change it back. However, is it safe to set it as iMac 13,1 with the new Multibeast, or should I set it back as iMac 12,2 as was done in the guide that I followed?

The tonymacx86 Forum is only for support of the tonymacx86 methods and software. If you followed another's procedures and/or software, you are encouraged to take your problems and post on the site whose procedure and/or software you used.

BTW, MacPro3,1 is the default smbios System Definition (see page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document which came with MultiBeat). It is the default because it works best in almost all systems. We recommend that you don't change it to another definition unless you understand what you are doing, not because you read something somewhere. :thumbup: For more information see my post here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...z-120gb-ssd-hyperx-post547101.html#post547101

The tonymacx86 Forum is only for support of the tonymacx86 methods and software. If you followed another's procedures and/or software, you are encouraged to take your problems and post on the site whose procedure and/or software you used.

Actually I think the 'Hacks by Alfa' URL and install procedure that I posted is also posted on this site someplace, along with a screenshot of his Multibeast settings.

Yes their is a fix to that Pjalm told you how to do that about 4 posts ago. try adding this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>

I have the same situation/error coccuring with my system using HD 4000. I use Clover to boot though, so I don't have a org.chameleon.Boot.plist to add Graphics mode to. If I am not mistaken Clover's config.plist only sets the GUI resolution. Am I correct on the last point? Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Spang1974

Anyone figure this one out?

I have an Asus P8Z77-V board and a i5-3570k. I'm on the 2003 BIOS. I set the iGPU to 64MB. I have a fresh install stick for 10.10 and using UniBeast. I've tried damn near every conceivable combination of boot options to simply load the installer and nothing works...

Code:
-x
-x -v
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=No
IGPlatform= 01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No
IGPlatform= 0166000A IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No

None of them work. With or without resolutions specified too. I get the same distorted screen.

My problem is that I've had OSX on this system before. Perhaps its Yosemite and I should go back to Mountain Lion or even Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back