i5-9600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am posting to find out if anyone knows a easy way to use graphics enabler to allow HD4000 driver to load for Airplay without interfering with VoodooHDA? I guess I'm being overly picky and trying to get everything working.

I did run across the thread that requires a dsdt, those are very rare for a gigabyte Z board, especially for a board without a X or m or some other letter after the 77. Since I've yet to find any kind of actual documentation to editing a dsdt, though it seems plenty of people do this, I am clueless about doing that. Seems odd that the sound driver won't load when the rest of the system works fine.

Also is hdmi automatically killed by graphics enabler? It works fine on a ATI 5850 until I turn graphics enabler on, then I have to use a dvi port.

I've had all of the constituent parts working, it's having it all work at the same time. I am also coming to the realization that it was a mistake to get a motherboad with the VIA sound chip. Since a sound chip is literally just a DAC with all processing done in software by the cpu, seems odd sound is such a problem. The chip hasn't been horrible, though it does clip on some iTunes music, and of course, doesn't play nice with flash.

Thanks for any hints, Allan

I went ahead and used the dsdt, audio kext, etc. It worked! Sorta, wake from sleep worked to a point, would power backup but that was it. The sound worked great, I didn't even have to set the intel graphics to primary or hook my monitor to the intel. The only catch was that video in iTunes was totally messed. Everything else seemed to work. I put everything back and will try later if I find some new information. At this point INtel HD4000 and ATI5850 don't work together.

I was surprised it worked as well as it did since I have the F18 bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back