Contribute
Register

HD3000 with QE/CI Lion 10.7-10.7.2 (dsdt mod free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio over HDMI is working on my primary Windows 7-install, so I suppose with the official Mac-drivers you should have audio over HMDI too.

Re: HD3000 with QE/CI in Lion Alt. (dsdt mod free)

sketcher said:
TaylorC said:
Ok, I found the 5 IDs and replaced them with 0x01128086. QE still not enabled as far as I can tell (no ripple in old-style Dashboard). I wish I knew what I was doing wrong, the prospect of getting this to work is so exciting.

I can't think of anything else. ut since you and i share the same id so maybe you can try my kexts. BTW my main display is DVI so make sure yours is DVI as well.
They worked! So happy.

I tried using your AppleIntelHDGraphics and Tony's AppleIntelSNBGraphics together and only got as far as the log-in screen, but when I used both of yours it worked. Transparent menu bar, ripple effects on the dashboard, no more tearing! :headbang:

MarcoZ said:
Audio over HDMI is working on my primary Windows 7-install, so I suppose with the official Mac-drivers you should have audio over HMDI too.

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation!

I hope that (1) it plays nice with Hackintosh, and (2) that HD2000 will work too - Intel has an awesome 2.2ghz dual-core chip out called the G620T which uses the Sandy Bridge socket and supports HD2000 graphics, but only sips 35 watts of power (and costs less than $90!). That'd be the ideal setup for cheapo HTPC :thumbup:

sketcher said:
TaylorC said:
Ok, I found the 5 IDs and replaced them with 0x01128086. QE still not enabled as far as I can tell (no ripple in old-style Dashboard). I wish I knew what I was doing wrong, the prospect of getting this to work is so exciting.

I can't think of anything else. ut since you and i share the same id so maybe you can try my kexts. BTW my main display is DVI so make sure yours is DVI as well.

Holy F bro! I was messing with this stuff for a while a week ago and it didn't work, and now I just copied those 2 kexts in your zip file, used Kextbeast, rebooted and QE/CI works! :clap: Thanks so much man, I would've still been waiting for the new Chimera-release or be f-ing up a DSDT :lol:

Now I just need my sound (ALC892) working, it seems I get a KP when I used MultiBeast for the required sound-kext.

Edit: Of course, I cheered too soon. My PC still reboots when I've got a HDMI-cable connected (not when I only use my DVI for monitor). In verbose mode everything loads, then I get a black screen with a gray rectangle top-left, and if I move my mouse it reboots. Guess I'll stay on Windows for now, I'm too lazy to fix it :mrgreen:

I'm up and running with HD 3000 with full QE/CI and Max Resolution, thanks guys!

Had to do a little trial and error with the install order, etc. but it was fairly painless. Only thing I would recommend is upgrading to 10.7.2 if you have the ability, that cured my random artifact/lag/glitch issues.

Z_D said:
Only thing I would recommend is upgrading to 10.7.2 if you have the ability, that cured my random artifact/lag/glitch issues.

Speaking of 10.7.2, how is the performance of the HD3000 under it?

3D any faster? 2d any smoother?

I find both to be a bit disappointing under 10.7. Hoping future updates will increase performance similar to what is seen under Windows or Linux.

MarcoZ said:
Now I just need my sound (ALC892) working, it seems I get a KP when I used MultiBeast for the required sound-kext.
Try check for working 10.7 ALC892 kexts from kexts.com (i got mine(ALC889) from there). Or wait for new version of multi beast.

@ Sketcher

Can you make me the Intel Driver for 0116 ? I change the Numbers in your Version and it doesn`t work. Please Help :)

thgill said:
Z_D said:
Only thing I would recommend is upgrading to 10.7.2 if you have the ability, that cured my random artifact/lag/glitch issues.

Speaking of 10.7.2, how is the performance of the HD3000 under it?

3D any faster? 2d any smoother?

I find both to be a bit disappointing under 10.7. Hoping future updates will increase performance similar to what is seen under Windows or Linux.

Haven't had a chance to run benchmarks yet but I will let you know once I do. It seems to run smoothly but I haven't stressed anything yet. I got the system up and running all spread out on my desk waiting for a G5 case that I'll be modding and just wanted to test the config before doing anything too crazy.

swifty112 said:
@ Sketcher

Can you make me the Intel Driver for 0116 ? I change the Numbers in your Version and it doesn`t work. Please Help :)

0116 is naturally compatible. u shouldn't need to do anything. did u try the original kexts and what was the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back